What size c-clip (or part #) is on my FSA 57 electric weed eater?

llbutcher

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / What size c-clip (or part #) is on my FSA 57 electric weed eater?
My weedeater ate a marker flag's wire mast, so I had to take it apart to get it out of there. I've checked a few videos, but they're all showing screw on heads. Mine isn't. Mine is a jam on/pry off type that's held in place by one tiny c-clip. Mine went flying, as they do, but I found it, and after two more attemps, bent it too far out of shape for it to hold. I could have sworn I had a c-clip assortment somewhere, but I'm not finding it. Seems like last time i did this, I went to my local John Deere dealer where I bought the tool, and they couldn't figure it out. But, even though I plan on buying a new box of c-clips tomorrow, I'm just curious where exactly do you find a full parts list on this machine? Stihl isn't any help, and I've looked a half dozen other places with no results. Can anybody tell me the part number? I'd be just as happy if somebody could tell me where they find the full list of parts or a shop repair manual. Those always have every part listed.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
From the diagram I found of the FSA57 the clip is not shown.

llbutcher

Forum Newbie
Threads
That's pretty much what I've found. When I talked to the guys at John Deere, all they were showing on their computer screen was the twist off head. I'm really surprised there are two different head types for the exact same tool. Thanks, StarTech, for the reply.