What should I do for my favouriate ford contour 97?

darksoldier

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / What should I do for my favouriate ford contour 97?
I have a Ford Contour 97.The car is in excellent condition and operates well except that every once in a while the car will not start. I have never had a problem with the car not starting after it has been sitting for more than four hours, but occasionally, if I drive the car to the store (for example) and try to restart it within an hour or two, it will not start. Again, usually the car will start, but when it does not it is because I have tried to restart it within one or two hours of stopping it.
When it will not start, the engine sounds like it is trying to turn over, but it just doesn't start. If I wait 30 to 45 minutes, though, the car will start and I will be able to drive it normally. I never have a problem with the car once it has started.
I have brought the car to three mechanics, but none of them has been able to duplicate the problem and each of them has given up trying to find a solution for the problem. Each has told me the car runs "great" and they do not know what could be wrong. The first mechanic changed a few wires and the second changed a tube, but neither fixed the problem.
I do not want to get rid of the car, but because the problem is intermittent and because I never know when the problem will occur, the car is not reliable and I may be forced to get a different car.
It has been wrong for about half a year.What can you help me thank you!

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
i dont know why your trying to get an answer here on a lawnmower site.....but my guess is an electrical relay in the ignition system thats broken......and is reacting to heat....so when it heats up..it expands and breaks contact...then cools down and closes the circuit.....if its a clutch...then id look in that clutch safety switch circuit

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check the starter that it is securely fastened to the engine providing a good ground. Sometimes the solonoid goes bad and acts this way. Try tapping on the starter with a wrench and see if it cranks. If so the starter may need replacing.

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
Carbon buildup in a high mileage engine can result in very high pressures right after shutoff on a hot engine. Let the engine set and cool and the heat and pressure goes away. Bump it enough with the starter trying to start and finally a valve cracks open enough to relieve the pressure and the engine starts. Try your favorite engine cleaner; mine is Chevron Techron, but many people like Seafoam.