What Fuse Did I Fry On My JD 140??

demiandvm

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did something stupid. My electric pto went out on my JD 140 and I was attempting to test the electric clutch to see if it was toast or if it was the pto switch. I hooked up jumper cables to the battery and was going to touch the positive end to the pigtail wire from the electric clutch to see if it activated the clutch and I by accident touched the positive to the frame. The negative side was hooked to the battery but the other negative end was not contacting anything at the time of the spark. (the other positive end was hooked to the battery positive and the negative opposite the battery was not touching anything at the time) So i get a big spark and then i realized what I did and was more careful about it next time. Well, I was able to determine that my clutch was good, but when I went to start my engine the ignition woud not activate the starter. I hot wired the strater and it works fine. So my question is if there is a fuse I fried by shorting the battery or is the ignition switch fried itself? I know the above is confusing, but I simply hooked up the jumper cables and accidentally touched the positive to the frame instead of the negative to ground it and got my destructive spark. What did I damage so that my igntion switch doesn't work?

PJ

Threads
I did something stupid. My electric pto went out on my JD 140 and I was attempting to test the electric clutch to see if it was toast or if it was the pto switch. I hooked up jumper cables to the battery and was going to touch the positive end to the pigtail wire from the electric clutch to see if it activated the clutch and I by accident touched the positive to the frame. The negative side was hooked to the battery but the other negative end was not contacting anything at the time of the spark. (the other positive end was hooked to the battery positive and the negative opposite the battery was not touching anything at the time) So i get a big spark and then i realized what I did and was more careful about it next time. Well, I was able to determine that my clutch was good, but when I went to start my engine the ignition woud not activate the starter. I hot wired the strater and it works fine. So my question is if there is a fuse I fried by shorting the battery or is the ignition switch fried itself? I know the above is confusing, but I simply hooked up the jumper cables and accidentally touched the positive to the frame instead of the negative to ground it and got my destructive spark. What did I damage so that my igntion switch doesn't work?
Hi I think you freid more than a fuse the positive (red wire) runs from the battery to the starter. The earth to the starter runs via a lot of safety swithes ae. The S5 the seat swith
S6 the forward neutral revers switch at least 5 swithes before the circuit is closed. Check all as well as the wire that could be fried
PJ