What do you guys think about Intek Engines?

Jethro210

Forum Newbie
I have a twin flathead 18hp Briggs that needs new rods and I found a 20HP v twin Intek for cheap but I don't know how good these Inteks are or what some of the common problems are with them. What do you guys think about replacing my engine with the Intek?
 
Hi

I have a 20 hp intek els extended life series on my country clipper and it work good,i'm not to found of the way the air filter is right on top and if you don't use the right filter all the dirt will just go in the carberator. It has a oil filter and i think it has pressurized oil pump but don't know for sure, a little over 100 hrs on this engine.
 
found a 20HP v twin Intek for cheap
What do you guys think about replacing my engine with the Intek?

How much is 'cheap'?
If you can do the swap without spending too much... Do it, no matter how the new engine works out, It will out preform the existing engine.
There are a few variations within the model and types but if the price is right you don't have a lot to loose... KennyV
 
Last edited:
True, weigh your options. Taking a decision to switch to Intek could prove to be a good decision in the long run. Besides, it does look like it's going to be that costly.
 
Back
Top