Export thread

WHAT DO I HAVE, YEAR? AND WHAT DID IT COME OFF OF!

W

workonwood

thumbnail_IMG_20181222_111130152 by David Shupe, on Flickr

45512448005_6ec63dbc47_z.jpg
[/url]thumbnail_IMG_20181222_111121168 by David Shupe, on Flickr8397@N06/]David Shupe[/url], on Flickr

thumbnail_IMG_20181222_102535391 by David Shupe, on Flickr

I

ILENGINE

Will be complicated since those model numbers don't go with that engine. Somebody took a starter/blower housing off of a vertical engine and put it on the horizontal.

W

workonwood

so...................It is a H50???

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Looks to me like a 5 Hp ............... The air shroud is from a 1979 engine made in Dec.... It could be a 69 but I doubt it...... It's not a 89 for certain because those didn't have the kill tab on the head.....

W

workonwood

Taking crank cover off now....what else can i look for to figure out year?

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Taking crank cover off now....what else can i look for to figure out year?

All you can do is go by pictures.... It looks like a 77 though... The Tecumseh dating system is not clear like the Briggs...

Sorry I made a mistake and typed a 9 instead of a 7..... Thar date code is 1977 or 1967 which I don't think it is a 67 and made in December.... Look at different IPL's and see if the oil filler and other things are a match......

You should have points in that one.....

W

workonwood

thumbnail_IMG_20181223_093242014 by David Shupe, on Flickr

thumbnail_IMG_20181223_093229968 by David Shupe, on Flickr

thumbnail_IMG_20181223_083616159 by David Shupe, on Flickr

thumbnail_IMG_20181223_083608406 by David Shupe, on Flickr

thumbnail_IMG_20181223_083621926 by David Shupe, on Flickr
Looks like it has gone booom before, repair in block, cylinder is scored. Any was to tell what block it is? Can I find another?

4getgto

4getgto

Looks as though the carb is on a tilt... Didn't mini bikes use that set up..?

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Looks as though the carb is on a tilt... Didn't mini bikes use that set up..?

Looks Like the carb is loose......

The coil is under the flywheel so that would be a giveaway on it being a 60's or 70's It has points....

Now if someone can remember when they had one they will chime in.....

W

workonwood

Bore is 2.625 and Stroke is 2.50. Head is marked 4F4-0-43

4getgto

4getgto

Looks Like the carb is loose......

The coil is under the flywheel so that would be a giveaway on it being a 60's or 70's It has points....

Now if someone can remember when they had one they will chime in.....
Didn't even take notice the nuts to the carb aren't there...
No wonder it tilts...! :laughing:

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

How bad is the cylinder scored ?????? Put a magnet in it and see if it sticks.......... If it's cast iron you can hone it to get the small scratches out and re ring it..........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

W

workonwood

She be Aluminium block, I thinks its a H60.

S

SidecarFlip

Whatever it is, it's probably an oil burner like most Tecumseh motors.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Yes you do have a 6 HP engine with a 2 5/8 bore and a 2 1/2 inch stroke..... The 5 HP is the same bore but the stroke is 2 1/4 inch.........

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

She be Aluminium block, I thinks its a H60.

You got a pic of the cylinder so we can see how bad the scratches are ????

W

workonwood

Bore could be honed, but the block is toast. Its been welded, looking for another on Evilbay now. So if the H50 and H60 blocks are the same , did the H50 have a shorter stroke and a taller piston? What about the HH60, cast iron with bearings on the crank and cam?? Pro's and con's?? BTW, you guys are awesome!! Thx for the info!

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Bore could be honed, but the block is toast. Its been welded, looking for another on Evilbay now. So if the H50 and H60 blocks are the same , did the H50 have a shorter stroke and a taller piston? What about the HH60, cast iron with bearings on the crank and cam?? Pro's and con's?? BTW, you guys are awesome!! Thx for the info!

If a true blue welder did the block, then it's stable ...... There are certain things cannot be welded on a small engine, such as a sump cover to the block..... Nope it warps and gets schitt out of line......

There is a lawn mower junk yard in my area and I need to go and see about a few other parts also... So I'll keep an eye out for a Tech like yours .........

W

workonwood

Thanks, I have my Eye on a H50 and H60 block on Ebay right now!

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

I don't know if the the 50 and 60 are the same exact block ........ I do know the stroke is longer, so the crankshaft will not be the same.... Usually the block will have the crank hole in a different position for the longer stroke on some or most engines .........

Don't quote me on this though.......... Different brand names have different specs on their engines ~!~!

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Thanks, I have my Eye on a H50 and H60 block on Ebay right now!

DO NOT and I mean DO NOT order anything yet ......... Please Don't do that ....... You will find out in a lil bit why.....

I have saved a few people on this forum money by NOT buying stuff they don't need ....... Or the wrong parts....

I'll be back with some info for you......... I did some homework for you ~!~!

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Ok I made this video for information .............. So do some more research also....... I'm just trying to supply you with some info and trying to save you a headache and money .........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

https://youtu.be/iE7fGm_L-No

W

workonwood

totally off subject..........Heres why my screen name is Workonwood! Thanks for the kind words and the Video!!

thumbnail_IMG_20181226_184012364 by David Shupe, on Flickr

thumbnail_IMG_20181226_184009196 by David Shupe, on Flickr

thumbnail_IMG_20181226_183959915 by David Shupe, on Flickr

thumbnail_IMG_20181226_184233963 by David Shupe, on Flickr

thumbnail_IMG_20181226_184226193 by David Shupe, on Flickr

thumbnail_IMG_20181226_184219053 by David Shupe, on Flickr

W

workonwood

thumbnail_IMG_20181226_184140036 by David Shupe, on Flickr

thumbnail_IMG_20181226_184128613 by David Shupe, on Flickr

thumbnail_IMG_20181226_184117573 by David Shupe, on Flickr

thumbnail_IMG_20181226_184154510 by David Shupe, on Flickr

I have been build doors and furniture for 38 years, my shop has turned into a motorcycle and mini bike shop lately!!

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Very nice work.

A skill only i can dream of having...

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

I love those Dutchman inlays on that table top Mon Ami ~!~! A great contrasting color........ When I had I my BIG cabinet shop I asked the owner of the cabinet supply house for the pallets that the Cabinet grade plywood would come on and he would save them for me ....

Those pallets had all the the great different kinds of wood that came from South America and Indo China.... We use mostly oak and pine in the USA for our pallets.... They use what's common over there and that is exotic to us here in the states...

I made a lot of end tables and kitchen caddy's with all that SCRAP wood and made good money with it........

We need to hook up and talk about this Mon Ami ~!~! Was I right on the Maple ???

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

I forgot to add that when you get tired of working you can enjoy a game of chess or tiky taky toe with someone .......

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

That has to be a solid top on that coffee table, cause I do NOT see any joints in it at all ............ If there are joints in it you hid them so perfect even Norm can't find them ~!~!

BTW I have a autographed picture by him and owned the signature series saw under his name.... He got a deal for me on that saw when I met him in Atlanta Ga.. for a woodworking show....

A

(Account Closed)

In the early 70's, I had a 3.5 HP Tecumseh mini bike that needed rings (I was inside the engine)

The base (where it bolted down) was part of the main block and was THICK ALUMINUM, not thin steel as shown earlier in this thread. Points of course.

There also was NO roller bearing... Looking at the bolt pattern on the LS cover, it appears to originally been bolted to a pump / generator. Those extra mounting holes were rarely seen back then...

I suspect that engine is pre 1972 or so..(guesstimating)