Export thread

What carb do i need?

D

Digiacomo

I bought a troy bilt mower just for something to keep me busy...it has a 22 horse v twin briggs...... the only numbers that i see on the hood are 40 V ohv and xbsxs7242vfe:m.............I need a carburetor but i can't find these exact numbers,,......everything else but 40v..........what am i going to be safe buying, they all look about t he same??? not too many list 22hp in their adds...........thanks for any help......
I TURNED MY COMPUTER ON THIS MORNING AND GOOGLE DECIDED THAT I NEEDED ALL NEW PASSWORDS....... ANBODY ELSE??

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Model # should be stamped into one of the valve covers, top or side

D

Digiacomo

Thanks a lot, since my last post I found this info...........

R

Rivets

What info???

D

Digiacomo

What info???
sorry about that ..I meant that i found the info that scrubcadet gave me .....
the engine is a 427777 type0128e1 code 99 06 21 yg.........and i can't seem to find that 427777........every thing but that one!......I'll keep looking unless one of you guys can educate me on this engine......

R

Rivets

Double check the model number you posted. Could it be 407777-0128E1.

D

Digiacomo

yep daylight made a difference.......damn 0 with a line through it.........I bet I'm not the first to do that...
thanks for the info

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

looks like it's either a carburetor with a manual choke

Briggs & Stratton 791230​

or a choke-a-matic carburetor

Briggs & Stratton 796258​

D

Digiacomo

I think it has 791230 attached to it according to the list..........?? I think you take just as much of a chance ordering parts......that's why i just buy a new one, then if they are the same thats good....and if not, maybe i can get one out of two.........I do have a manual choke,,,,,,,