WHAT BRAND DO YOU LIKE FOR YOUR POWER EQUIPMENT?

WHAT BRAND DO YOU LIKE FOR YOUR POWER EQUIPMENT?

• Echo

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Stihl

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Shindaiwa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Redmax

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Husqvarna

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Lukesin

Forum Newbie
Threads
Professional Arborist of 20+ years (with an actual open mind)

I found that if you like a manufacturer, buy their pro line, if you have the money. If you don't, save up and buy their pro line. Even in the pro line their are better models than others. Do the research. You already started by being on this thread.

I like about 15 different names of chainsaws. And can work on them all. I collected Jonsereds (Is made with Husqvarna and many models swap ... If someone tells you otherwise, DON'T LISTEN! Do the research)
Depending on the crew, I work with Stihl on one and Husqvarna on the other, PERIOD. One crew runs the same saw because they like it and you can keep the same chain and other similar parts with only one brand running. That's cost and time effective.

On crews, Blowers and trimmers are Stihls: similar plugs, lines and other, buy more of one part and it's cost effective. I personally have a solo blower and have never found anything as quiet, strong, and reliable, in one. (Stihls backpack blower is more powerful. I also know how to squish and port. Now mine closer) I have a Craftsman interchangeable trimmer system that I will match the Stihl system with. I take care of it and the attachments swap anyway.

Let anyone say what they will. For years I have told many newbies and salts, "I use what works until it doesn't, or costs me too much too soon. PERIOD!" I watch and listen to others and keep an open mind, until I know for a fact myself.

Just my 2 cents? ... Let the brand rants continue!! (Age old tradition) :laughing:

Lukesin

Forum Newbie
Threads
For home domestic work I would use a product called Mitox which is distributed in the UK.
It is chinese production but build quality controlled by an English company. Reliable and full parts and warranty back up.
We might not like chinese production but all manufacturers are doing it.
Stihl are big in china for assembly.

Professional I would choose Husqvarna, Efco (Emak) or Stihl.
Kawasaki an option but very expensive over here.
Each manufacturer has good machines for different applications.

Husqvarna for small saws, Stihl for big saws and Emak do good machines but mostly for the 2 stroke engines

Would really like to try some of the other brands over there. I like finding new better stuff. :wink: