Export thread

What 2 stroke oil do yall use

CauZey

CauZey

Okay so my equipment dealer is always talkin about 2 stroke mix oils , gas prices, levels of ethanol in fuel today, and fuel treatments. So my ? To y'all is what do you guys do for your equipment. My dealer recommends high test gas with fuel treatment and a synthetic oil like STIHLS product instead of 100% gas because its a lower octane rating. :)

Ric

Ric

Okay so my equipment dealer is always talkin about 2 stroke mix oils , gas prices, levels of ethanol in fuel today, and fuel treatments. So my ? To y'all is what do you guys do for your equipment. My dealer recommends high test gas with fuel treatment and a synthetic oil like STIHLS product instead of 100% gas because its a lower octane rating. :)

Always use 93 octane gas in my Mowers and Hand Held equipment and Stihl HP Super Oil.

P

possum

Around here within 50 miles there is only one place that has real gas in regular unleaded. All other places with the real non ethanol to include the local one is 91 octane only. If I had to choose between regular unleaded non ethanol and 91 with ethanol I would go with the regular unleaded non ethanol. Most of the new equipment two stroke type all call for JASO FC or FD oils. From what I understand you really should use these oils. On the cheap hardware store handheld stuff i can tell no difference in performance or length of service. There is no real warranty on those around here anyway past a 30 day return as no one wants to work on them under warranty or just charge you for the work and claim operator error. Most guys who run Stihl run Stihl oil. Most handheld two cycle OEM oils have stabilizer in them. No need to add more according to them. I use Stabil in all my gas for OPE. It seems to work the last few years along with 91 non ethanol gas.

CauZey

CauZey

Also curious as to what oils people use to mix, and where to get them at a good deal

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Also curious as to what oils people use to mix, and where to get them at a good deal

Probably not even close to the cheapest, but I use EchoPowerBlend oil I get from my local Echo dealer. They are changing over to Red Armor, but I am going to stick with what I am used to! http://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Catalogs/2012_Oil
echo powerblend oil.gif echo red armor oil.png

CauZey

CauZey

So like rite at 40$ a gallon that's cheaper than stihl and Husqvarna for sure.

Ric

Ric

So like rite at 40$ a gallon that's cheaper than stihl and Husqvarna for sure.

I'm paying 47 and change for the Stihl HP Super.

exotion

exotion

I use mid grade and carquest brand 2 cycle oil :/

tct

tct

Hi all this is my 1st post, looks like a great forum! I've been using Lucus semi synthetic for the past 2 seasons, I mow 50+ lawns, and have had no issues, it runs cool and consistent, plus it's available in a gallon size, and the last gallon I bought was $26

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Hi all this is my 1st post, looks like a great forum! I've been using Lucus semi synthetic for the past 2 seasons, I mow 50+ lawns, and have had no issues, it runs cool and consistent, plus it's available in a gallon size, and the last gallon I bought was $26

Nice...and welcome to the forums at LawnWorld! :welcome:

lawnguy1

lawnguy1

Valvoline multi purpose

86accord

Someone from a reputable shop I frequent in Orlando recommended Marine 2-cycle oil because of its properties. He said because of ethanol's wax build-up in the carb, marine 2-cycle reduces or prevents this situation from occurring. I bought a big $11 dollar, one gallon/5 quart container of Super Tech marine two cycle oil from walmart and I've been using it in all my machines for two plus years now and have had great success. They all start right up and I only used 87 octane. I would like to use 93 but not with gas being $3.90/ gal. or more. -Andy-
- John Deere HD-75 54in. Hydro
- Red Max stick edger
- Red Max Backpack blower
- Stihl string trimmer
- Husqvarna Hedge trimmer

aapm

aapm

I use 93 octane from Sunoco in my bobcat classic 48" mower and in my chain saw and trimmers and such I use 93 octane from Sunoco and stihl hp super oil

M

Magic Cuts

I use 100% unleaded in my mower and weedeaters I also use a little Sea Foam every now and then to clean engine and carb.

M

Magic Cuts

100% unleaded = No Ethanol

wjjones

wjjones

Bomba

Bomba

Yep, ethanol free here too. Use Stihl oil in my mixture.

N

Nineball1018

I have only used stihl 4 mix equipment. Had alot of problems with them told me I need to use the stihl super hp but the price was crazy to me. Did some research and found My local amsoil dealer he turned me on to their 2 cycle mix and I must say its a extremely high quality oil. I mix it 75 to 1 and have had zero problems related to mix. I believe it's like 9 bucks a quart.