wg htie gt 2550 pto..?

I was wondering the same thing, but he says the two halves spin freely. I'm leaning toward an electrical problem, clutch being energized with the key in the run position. This one is tough, because I can't see everything in my mind. If it were in front of me it would probably be solved in 15 minutes. Oh well. Also Chance, I am still not working, so I don't have an answer on that starter. Sorry.
 
Something that i've noticed and not sure this could be a problem but, when you install the pto assembly on the crankshaft tha hardware constists of bolt,lock washer,1 flat washer and what they call a shoulder spacer on my model. I've noticed that the shoulder spacer is froze in the pto assembly. Not sure if that would cause a issue or not. Not sure if you know what im describing. I apperciate your time.
 
Please post the model number of your unit. I want to look up your exact model. On the one I am looking at, you have a drive pulley, spacer washer, PTO, bolt and washer.
 
Go to this website, www.mtdparts.com/parts. Type in your model number and you will find an assembly which shows how the parts go together. This order, engine pulley-PTO-spacer-lock washer-bolt. Incorrect assembly may be the cause of your problem.
 
I also tried something else again, without the pto mounted on the crankshaft I connected the connectors and turned the key ad tried engaging the pto and it wasn't clicking or seemingly not engaging. Not sure if it needs to be completely mounted or not. I know you mentioned that before
 
I post #9 you said that the PTO did engage??? It does not need to be mounted to engage. Is it mounted in the order I last post, no extra parts?
 
Back
Top