Export thread

Welcome to the Professional's Forum!

M

Muhammad

Recently we have had a lot of pros sign up at LawnMowerForum... which is wonderful! But professionals have a slightly different needs than homeowners and as such we have decided to add this forum where the pros can hang out and discuss the issues of professional lawn care.

Please post all of your professional discussions in this forum from now on. :thumbsup:

Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy

Recently we have had a lot of pros sign up at LawnMowerForum... which is wonderful! But professionals have a slightly different needs than homeowners and as such we have decided to add this forum where the pros can hang out and discuss the issues of professional lawn care.

Please post all of your professional discussions in this forum from now on. :thumbsup:

Most home owners that maintain their own yard, think of themselves as a "Pros" & some are!:thumbsup: Some lawn care professional that call themselves "pros" arn't.:laughing:

How can we tell the difference? This should be good! lol

mystreba

mystreba

Most home owners that maintain their own yard, think of themselves as a "Pros" & some are!:thumbsup: Some lawn care professional that call themselves "pros" arn't.:laughing:

How can we tell the difference? This should be good! lol

Very insightful :wink:

L

LandN

what logical reason would there be to separate 'homeowners' from 'professional' "LAWNMOWERFORUM"

Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy

Mower Blade Grinder/Sharpener

Just want to tell any Lawn Care Professionals looking into getting a new blade grinder.

For the past 6 years I have been using a Magna Matic. They are so worth the money, if you have a lot of blades to sharpen. I ordered mine with the stand, balancer, and shop vac hook-up.

What a difference! If you don't know this, very seldom are new blades balanced. Keeping them balanced will save your spindle bearings and it reduces vibration and noise. It sharpens fast and doesn't take a lot out of ya to sit their and sharpen a bunch.

Had a wall grinder before this, No comparison
Hand grinder in the old days, that was work!:laughing:

mystreba

mystreba

Re: Mower Blade Grinder/Sharpener

Just want to tell any Lawn Care Professionals looking into getting a new blade grinder.

For the past 6 years I have been using a Magna Matic. They are so worth the money, if you have a lot of blades to sharpen. I ordered mine with the stand, balancer, and shop vac hook-up.

What a difference! If you don't know this, very seldom are new blades balanced. Keeping them balanced will save your spindle bearings and it reduces vibration and noise. It sharpens fast and doesn't take a lot out of ya to sit their and sharpen a bunch.

Had a wall grinder before this, No comparison
Hand grinder in the old days, that was work!:laughing:

In order to properly kick off this new forum, you should make this into a separate thread with a title like "Blade Grinders". You'll be the inaugural poster :cool:

Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy

Re: Mower Blade Grinder/Sharpener

In order to properly kick off this new forum, you should make this into a separate thread with a title like "Blade Grinders". You'll be the inaugural poster :cool:

Still learning how to navigate this site. I think I just did what you suggested. Thanks:thumbsup:

M

Muhammad

what logical reason would there be to separate 'homeowners' from 'professional' "LAWNMOWERFORUM"

In my opinion, professionals have some different and unique topics to discuss that don't really apply to homeowners. We've already seen some of these topics on the forum and from an organizational standpoint, a pro's forum just makes sense to me. :smile:

poncho62

poncho62

Sounds like fun....as long as a character named Bobbygedd doesn't join.....lol

He has gotten the boot from most of the pro forums........:confused2:

M

Muhammad

Sounds like fun....as long as a character named Bobbygedd doesn't join.....lol

He has gotten the boot from most of the pro forums........:confused2:

We'll keep an eye out. :thumbsup:

L

LandN

In my opinion, professionals have some different and unique topics to discuss that don't really apply to homeowners. We've already seen some of these topics on the forum and from an organizational standpoint, a pro's forum just makes sense to me. :smile:

Well the organizational may be ok,...most everyone that takes pride in their yard and their equipment(and type) should all be in the same boat,and not be labeled -- homeowner here, pros there -- which is the way i read into the first post of this thread,...."where the pros can hang out and discuss the issues of professional lawncare"....as if homeowners don't count. maybe i'm off base for misinterpreting this ... hows this ........"we are now also adding a professional business section to "lawnmowerforum" to help in the interest of our new professional members so that everyone can share new and exiting ideas and solutions." hows that:laughing::biggrin:

poncho62

poncho62

Professionals on the other lawn care forums discuss billing, advertising, insurance, licensing, commercial grade equipment,,,,that sort of thing...those are some of the differences....

I used to do a bit of commercial cutting part time.....I still go on those sites to keep up with some of their techniques....

Personally, I think we can all get some good ideas for our personal stuff from the pros.

L

LandN

hi poncho 62,thats probably the same site that i frequent sometimes for entertainment reading:laughing:. but wouldn't you think that a professional businessman would take up certain issues such as billing,insurance,licensing with their local agents and bookkeepers face to face at their office desks where all local laws apply to the local business at hand and not worry about what happens 500 miles away with a pen pal that might be having a bad day on his keyboard.:biggrin:i been in business myself for several years and always consulted and dealt with a local rep. to handle certain business matters and issues in private, maybe advertising ideas might be nice to get some outside feedback...i guess i had trouble with interpreting the wording on previous posts:eek: but also followed up with an example:smile:

mystreba

mystreba

Well the organizational may be ok,...most everyone that takes pride in their yard and their equipment(and type) should all be in the same boat,and not be labeled -- homeowner here, pros there -- which is the way i read into the first post of this thread,...."where the pros can hang out and discuss the issues of professional lawncare"....as if homeowners don't count. maybe i'm off base for misinterpreting this ... hows this ........"we are now also adding a professional business section to "lawnmowerforum" to help in the interest of our new professional members so that everyone can share new and exiting ideas and solutions." hows that:laughing::biggrin:

I like it :thumbsup: