Export thread

Welcome to the Bolens Forum -- Check in Here First!

M

Muhammad

GREETINGS to all Bolens mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name ). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Bolens owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Bolens mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Bolens stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

N

neontorpedo98

Hi, my name is Vinny I live in southern New Jersey and I just purchased a Bolens ST125 Hydro and I am trying to find out what year it was made, I would appreciate any help, thanks, Vinny.

G

GWW

My name is George
I have a Bolens 1600 Hydro Eliminator,model # 1668 Serial # 0501046.
I live in Bloomsbirg PA

F

flbuild

Hello,

My name is Rob and I am a retiree living near Sanford, Florida.....We're on 7 acres and recently bought a 2003 Bolens Riding Mower for trimming around the smaller places around the house the large tractor we have is cumbersome to cut......

Having some problems with the lower drive belt and speed selector and hope the good folks on this forum can give some insights..

Have the time and inclination to do-it-myself, built a frame to raise it in the air to walk under but the engineering on this thing has me dumbfounded even after removing the mower deck. Can't figure out how the speed selector works and the drive belt will work fine (at the lowest speed) and the speed selector doesn't work at all plus the first time I touch the brake, the belt produces a lot of slack and the pulleys don't have enough belt tension to drive anymore.

Just printed all the manuals and will give one more try before seeking the expert help here........Saw something on one paragraph that might be a clue, or perhaps its just teasing me.

So glad to have found this forum.....

Bolens Model 13AN+++++++++++++

C

capthook53

Hi! My name is Gilbert. I have a Bolens 550 that surges when running. I think is the governor. How do I fix it? Honestly cannot afford to buy a new mower.
Any suggestions or help gratefully accepted. Thanks!

M

mom2bug

Stephanie from VA,

M

MDART2016

Art - Maryland
Bolens push mower with a Briggs & Stratton 500 series 158cc L head 4 stroke motor.

K

KA1J

Bolens ST110

New tractor for me and its nice to find others with Bolens.

Hi from SE Connecticut.

P

pgm944

Bolens - by MTD Riding Mower
38 in Mowing Deck
15 HP Briggs & Stratton
Model 13AM662F765
S/N 1D304BB0323 001

Bought used from a repair place.

Roger B

Roger B

BOLENS Vintage QT-16

Hi all,

We were just given a Bolens QT-16 which we believe is a 1972/1973 model. We'll be posting questions on the tractor here on the Bolens Forum.

Attachments

1-6 mike

HI my name is 1-6-mike Retired diesel & auto mech. trying tolearn about small engs. Also learning about computers also please bare with me.

sonofbumperbolt

sonofbumperbolt

Just bought an acreage and the PO left a Bolens 13AM662F163 15HP 38" deck rider in one of the out buildings. The B&S engine fired right up but the rest of the mower needs some TLC. That led me here. Lots of great info on this site.

B

bones 1975

Hi All
new to the forum and new to the world of Bolens ride on mower
i have inherited a Bolens 16HP HYDRO DRIVE 1994

Peter

L

leadpipe58

Hello i have worked as a tech for 32 years heavy equipment and power boats everything from 2 hp to 550hp and a few diesels..
I have had a friend bring a few bolens pieces and glad your here.
Here is one to chew on A BL110 that runs great right side up but on it's side as if you were edging looses power and may stop...I thank i figured it out.There is air bubbles in the fuel line after i fix that we will see how it goes..
Happy trouble shooting..

R

rapid19

HI MY NAME IS PAUL I HAVE A 1986 BOLENS ST110 I BELIEVE THE IGNITION SWITCH IS BAD BUT IT IS OBSELETE THE PROBLEM IS ON 2 OF THE POSTS IT HAS AN S I KNOW ONE IS THE SOLINOID BUT NOT SURE OF THE OTHER ONE ONE I THINK IS LIGHTS BUT CANNOT FIND A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR IT 5 PRONG SWITCH FOUND ONE ALL LETTERS MATCH BT ONE AND IT IS AN L INSTEAD OF S AND DON'T WANT TO BURN WIRES IF WRONG

R

rapid19

I DID ALREADY::confused2::

handyboynz

handyboynz

HandyboyNZ here - I have a Bolens LTX16 Twin Hydro with a 38" Deck - made by GardenWay. It is called Humphrey !.
I also have a Morrisson 500 Reel mower (20" cut) - called Morry.
Update 2023 - I have also been gifted a Morrison 375 Classic (walk-behind 18" cut) with B&S 3HP - it is called Stanley !
I am in Auckland New Zealand.

H

Huey624

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name ). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Bolens owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Bolens mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Bolens stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

My Name is Tim from the Seattle Area.
My Dad was a Bolens dealer in 1967 and when he closed it in 68 we kept a 1250. I am currently restoring that same tractor to use and to have as a family heirloom

BWH

BWH

My Name is Tim from the Seattle Area.
My Dad was a Bolens dealer in 1967 and when he closed it in 68 we kept a 1250. I am currently restoring that same tractor to use and to have as a family heirloom

Your story is very similar to mine, My dad also owned a Oliver Tractor dealership at which they sold Bolens garden tractors in the sixties and early seventies. I own a couple of Bolens 800's a Bolens 1250 and a Bolens 1455. I have re-powered the 1455 after the third rebuild on the S14D Wisconsin but the 1250 has the original S12D although it is getting a little tired, but is incredibly original. The Eaton hydrostat transmission is as strong fifty years later as it was the day it sat on the show room floor. My 800's also with S8D Wisconsin engines were a three speed with a high/low shifter. The real deal with those vintage Bolens is they had as much cast iron as todays mowers have plastic. The Bolens 800 is the same tractor that I mowed the family farm with as a 8 year old in 1964. Thanks for allowing me to go down memory lane.

RP54

RP54

Hi I'm Bob. Not the proud owner of a Bolens quite yet but should be by week's end. I'm getting a 915 Lawn Keeper to restore. When I can find them I would like to get a 1957 Ride-A-Matic and 1961 Ride-A-Matic to restore. No idea where I'll keep them since my shed's full but I'll figure out something.

J

JP56

Hi, JP here in CT. Purchased Bolens 21" push mower new in 2017 for maintaining the Mother in law's lawn in the next town over from me. Mower has a B&S 500E-140cc engine. Funny thing is that the Engine Model Number does not exist anywhere in the model number break downs I have found online or at the B&S web site. My model has 2 letters in it which does not seem to match anything I have seen & the closest I have found for manuals comes up as a 500E 146cc instead of 140cc. When looking for parts, they have so many revisions, that I cannot decipher the date codes given by the part numbers. Mower suddenly will not start because it is Fuel Starved & I cannot figure out why. Very Frustrating!

C

candp

Hi my name is cecil arrowood I live in south eastern Washington state- recently bought a fmc bolens 1886 ht18 big frame with roto tiller plow mower deck and sprayer-looking to get it running and looking for snow blower for it.Sure would like to bend an ear with any eastern washington folks if any???cecil

C

candp

Hi my name is cecil arrowood I live in south eastern Washington state- recently bought a fmc bolens 1886 ht18 big frame with roto tiller plow mower deck and sprayer-looking to get it running and looking for snow blower for it.Sure would like to bend an ear with any eastern washington folks if any???cecil

C

candp

hi cecil arrowood south eastern washington state recent buy of bolens fmc 1886 ht18 big frame tractor with mower deck,rototiller,sprayer,and plow.Need to get running and looking to buy snow blower for it.Like to find out if any homeboys near by Thksc