Export thread

Weird Payments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

What are some weird things you have gotten when you were paid? Once I've gotten $5 in dimes, another time a rootbeer float, and lastly some cookies (it is always with the right amount of cash they owe me). :licking:

reynoldston

reynoldston

Repaired a ATV and charged 25 dollars. Guy gave me a 20 bill and a bottle of tire slim for the other 5 dollars. I gave him back his tire slim and told next time we talk give me my 5 dollars. I have never seen the customer since and really don't want to. To jip me out of 5 dollars I think is low and don't want that type of customer.

Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy

One of my customers just left some homemade cookies in my truck. lol Not for payment, just a thank you. They gave me a raise also few months ago for the second time. I love customers like that, nice to know your work is appreciated.

metz12

metz12

i do one guys lawn and he works on my jeep for free! i help him but he recently payed for my new water pump and installed it because i havent needed his help for a while!

TaskForceLawnCare

TaskForceLawnCare

I've had a customer give me and my guys a beer one time on a landscape job. It was hotter then a burnt boot that day, and hey i own the business so we drank our 1 beer a piece and got to work. I've been given lemonade and homemade bread before to, nothing as cool as a beer.

exotion

exotion

One guy I mowed for half an hour I charged him 25 dollars he also gave me a shoebox told me to go pick as many cherrys as I wanted so I filled it up. When I got back he gave me a cigarette box full of weed :) I don't smoke it but my wife enjoyed it lol this was before I was a real business and I would never accept this now. :)

BHLC

BHLC

Corn and beets from an old timer I've been mowing for, for years. It was a "bonus" as he called it

M

mowerman05

I had a elderly lady that had bad eyes and when I went to collect she was out of checks so she wrote me a deposit ticket from her check book and didn't know the difference. I called a family member and they started helping her a little more and also got me a normal check.

chobbs1957

chobbs1957

I'm always ready for some dumplings and eggs. Just sayin'

barter-doc.jpg

exotion

exotion

Anyone get offered sex yet? I did once she was cute to but I stayed loyal to my wife :)

okiepc

okiepc

Anyone get offered sex yet? I did once she was cute to but I stayed loyal to my wife :)

Good thinking on your part :thumbsup::thumbsup::laughing:

M

mudcat

I recently tilled up a small garden plot around 6 ft wide and 25ft long for an elderly lady. She asked me if $10 was enough and I kinda felt sorry for her and said..well..uh..I guess it be ok. When I was going home she gave me a pint jar of her sauerkraut she made from cabbages out of her garden and 5 cinnamon rolls she just baked. Just curious..what is a tilling job like this really worth. Had to load up a Troy Bilt tiller and drive to her house which is about a mile.

BHLC

BHLC

Just curious..what is a tilling job like this really worth. Had to load up a Troy Bilt tiller and drive to her house which is about a mile.

I get $75 an hour min. hour, but I'm also using a 34hp Kabota with a 5' tiller.

R

Rivets

Mudcat, if you drove off with a good feeling in your gut, what you charged was exactly right. Sometimes charging less gets you more than money in your pocket. My rate used to be $60/ hr, but since most of my jobs are repeat and for people over 65, most today are bartered plus parts.

Fish

Fish

What is her address?

Carscw

Carscw

I recently tilled up a small garden plot around 6 ft wide and 25ft long for an elderly lady. She asked me if $10 was enough and I kinda felt sorry for her and said..well..uh..I guess it be ok. When I was going home she gave me a pint jar of her sauerkraut she made from cabbages out of her garden and 5 cinnamon rolls she just baked. Just curious..what is a tilling job like this really worth. Had to load up a Troy Bilt tiller and drive to her house which is about a mile.

I think you got good pay for the job. You made a old lady smile and felt good about your self.
Now you can not make a living like this but it's a nice thing to do once and a while.

For a area that small I would charge $50 or some home made cinnamon rolls.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

The day that happens to me, I will really wonder in what world we live in!

I did some weeding, charged 50$ and they gave me an old Lawn-Boy and a 15$ check! The mower runs pretty good!

I also am allowed to eat as much raspberries as I want at one of my client's house. Appart from that, it is always checks and cash. No sex yet.

Fish

Fish

I think you got good pay for the job. You made a old lady smile and felt good about your self.
Now you can not make a living like this but it's a nice thing to do once and a while.

No!! Not her address!!!!!

Carscw

Carscw

No!! Not her address!!!!!

?