WeedEater died today. (Sort of)

Itsasylum

Forum Newbie
Threads
Today I was cutting in the ditch and upon getting to the house to trim around it I noticed when I would squeeze the trigger the engine would rev real high but the head would hardly spin. I thought perhaps it was clogged with grass as I was cutting down knee high grass in the ditch. So I cleaned out all the old dead grass that was wound around the head and started it back up only to have the same problem. The engine will rev upon squeezing the trigger but the head will only hardly spin. Amy ideas as to what is wrong. Clutch? Drive shaft?

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

More than likely the collar at the engine (connects to the shaft) that has a square hole, now has a round one. I try to avoid the Weedeater brand as they are lightly constructed.

Regards
Jeff

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
All trimmers sooner or later have this problem. At it is not as costly to as the Stihl FS90 I recently repaired. It took $125 in parts.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Might take a second look at the cut head for grass wound around the shaft between the head and the housing. Kind of hard to see and can get really wound tight.