Weed eater blower

D-square

Forum Newbie
Threads
How to remove and repair a clutch on a weed eater blower.

Flintmotorsports

Threads
check out this linkhttp://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=poulan_weed_eater&mh=9
and find your model. then see how it come apart

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
How to remove and repair a clutch on a weed eater blower.
...in case your blower is similar to my trimmer...
I just took my ryobi 790r apart 31cc 2 stroke. The flywheel contacted the coil. Before I saw that I tried to dig deeper by removing the clutch. MTD did not want anyone removing the clutch and put a tamper proof hold-down screw at the base of the clutch "tube." You can not see it even with light. On mine the screw was a "phillips" head with the center removed. No standard straight blade screw driver could be inserted down the tube which was wide enough to reach the "edge slots," so I cut the good clutch off. If yours is like this and you cut, be careful not to cut the driven shaft it sits on.

You are rewarded by MTD spares in a bag with a regular philliips hold down screw, but that will be $30, thank you. On line "help" will tell you its a regular torx bit (#20? memory?), or else they will say "cut off the old clutch." PS as suggested on this forum some of these are truly "throw aways" once repair part costs are reviewed. The coil and gas tank would have run $ 85. I bought a sears 31cc recently for $123 delivered at store. It shares the 790r dna. The ryobi was a great tool (10 yrs).

:eek: