walker mower code 43

kellycue

Forum Newbie
my walker 26 e.f.i. is showing code 43 anyone know what this code means? the mower acts like it is running out of gas arter it heats up.
 
I assume you have a Kohler EFI engine and I will look up that code in the morning when I get in to the shop.
 
Kohler blink code 43 according to the service manual is failure to complete autolearn-TPS offset below minimum allowable limit. The testing procedure various depending on which ECU you have, and covers about 4 pages in the manual. Kohler prevents me from posting the manual according to there copyright laws.

TPS is the throttle position sensor
 
You might want to disconnect the ECU for one minute, clean the terminals in the ECU connectors (male & female), put some vasoline in the connector, reconnect, start and run for a few minutes to "re-learn". You might simply have a dirty connector. Also check all the ground connections.
 
Back
Top