Export thread

Vintage kee/Lincoln high wheel lawn mower

T

Tommy123

Getting ready to rebuild an old briggs and Stratton 7/8 updraft carburetor. Have heard they make leak gas even after rebuild.
Have also heard I might need to add additional gaskets to the carburetor and additional gaskets to the main jet . Although these carbs are made of pot metal, one suggestion I do not agree with but this concerned a complete new carb was to turn the main jet screw a little tighter.

Guess what I am asking is for any suggestions or tips before starting project and where is a good source to order parts.
Thank you for your help

upupandaway

upupandaway

Getting ready to rebuild an old briggs and Stratton 7/8 updraft carburetor. Have heard they make leak gas even after rebuild.
I did go through 3 before finding one that does not leak(after adding\repacing gaskets with no luck).
New ones are not too much if yours does still leak.

Search briggs 390323

R

Rivets

Can you give us all the numbers off the engine. Then we can find you a manual and give you a few tips on how we would proceed. There were a couple different types of updraft carbs and each has its own problems. I can not remember having leaking problems on these carbs, as they are quite simple to work on.

T

Tommy123

Thanks for reply.Hate to be dumb but when you said 3, i guess you meant 3 carbs?
Will try rebuild ,maybe get lucky?
Thanks again for your help

T

Tommy123

Can you give us all the numbers off the engine. Then we can find you a manual and give you a few tips on how we would proceed. There were a couple different types of updraft carbs and each has its own problems. I can not remember having leaking problems on these carbs, as they are quite simple to work on.

Thank you
I will get numbers to you as soon as i can