Viking Series 6 mower 19" cut

Andrew666

Forum Newbie
I have a Viking Mower, I have some problems with the vario drive, I move the lever to a faster walking pace but it does not increase speed, if anything it goes slower or doesn't move.. the manufacturer has attempted to sort this problem out by replacing gearbox etc etc, but the fault is still there, and now they are refusing to mend this mower that's under warranty, any one know what can be the problem I'm having "HELP"
 
I have a Viking Mower, I have some problems with the vario drive, I move the lever to a faster walking pace but it does not increase speed, if anything it goes slower or doesn't move.. the manufacturer has attempted to sort this problem out by replacing gearbox etc etc, but the fault is still there, and now they are refusing to mend this mower that's under warranty, any one know what can be the problem I'm having "HELP"

Hello,the main problem with the drive is drive belt wear, where the belts sides wear making it thinner .Also the spring loaded pulley unit on the crank shaft of the engine can stick along with the pulley on top of the gearbox . Also there is a lever that pushes up on the bottom of the rear pulley that can stick. Gary
 
Hello,the main problem with the drive is drive belt wear, where the belts sides wear making it thinner .Also the spring loaded pulley unit on the crank shaft of the engine can stick along with the pulley on top of the gearbox . Also there is a lever that pushes up on the bottom of the rear pulley that can stick. Gary

This sounds all too familer.
These are made by german company Al-Ko and they have the same problem aswell.
 
Back
Top