Vanguard Big Block, Kolher, or Kawasaki....

Boudreaux

Threads
I'm very close to the purchase of a Ferris IS2000Z. It was thought that Kawasaki might serve me well.

But, the more I read (research), the more I have doubts.

What is the best engine out there. Kawasaki, Kohler, or the Vanguard Big Block.....???

:confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm very close to the purchase of a Ferris IS2000Z. It was thought that Kawasaki might serve me well.

But, the more I read (research), the more I have doubts.

What is the best engine out there. Kawasaki, Kohler, or the Vanguard Big Block.....???

:confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

Kawasaki is the best engine going right now. If you are going with the IS2000 stay with the 25.5 gross hp** Kawasaki FX801V it will be the best of the three. I'm running two Kawasaki engines at the present, the FJ 180 KAI on the Turfmaster and the FS 541 on my Grandstand and I wouldn't trade either they've been great. My second choice for the IS2000 would be the Kohler.

RatRacer

Threads
I agree with Ric.
The current crop of KW's are torque monsters. I was cutting dense, broadleaf 6" grass down to 4" with a FR691V at full 8mph, and it didn't even change RPM's compared to my 17.5hp Kohler Commander bogging @ 5mph. Both had new blades and open chute.

Boudreaux

Threads
Thanks for the affirmation. These were my original thoughts...... but sometimes too much reading can lead one astray.....

Thanks again......