Used or New

Robin

Threads
As I have no mower yet, which do you think is good for me to buy? I don't have a big lawn and this is why I don't buy one. I can still manually trim the grass but my ache is taking its toll. I need to buy one before my back pain becomes a trouble.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well Robin since your location is 'nearby' along with your lawn is small and I like mowing, I could just drive my mower over and mow your lawn... :laughing:

Actually a GOOD used mower is always going to be the best value... FINDING a 'good' used one is not always easy.

With your needs, I would look for the lightest mower you can find... small area to mow and back pain = no need for a large heavy weight...
I would also look for the easiest to start, like a battery start, but most of those are self propelled, and that is something else to consider... What ever you choose it sounds like you may be happiest with a small size. :smile:KennyV

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
As I have no mower yet, which do you think is good for me to buy? I don't have a big lawn and this is why I don't buy one. I can still manually trim the grass but my ache is taking its toll. I need to buy one before my back pain becomes a trouble.

The answer would depend on how much money you want to spend. You can purchase a regular push mower relatively cheap but of course there a lot of work, or you can spend a little more money and purchase a self propelled mower. If you don't have a big yard I personally would buy the Honda 21" Quadra Cut self propelled, it will give you an excellent cut and will give you years of service without problems. I believe they're $399 at Home Depot. As far as buying something used I don't believe in buying other peoples problems.

Last edited:

noma

Threads
Robin

I think i would go with a new self propelled one with electric start like Ric said, you could get one that's 12 volt or 110 electric that you plug in start it and go on your merry way mowing.One thing with a new one is, it will start with a pull string pretty easy for sometime to, so with one or two pulls it should start right up.

ted

Threads
Budget is always something to keep in mind, that of what you want to spend now and what you want to spend later. Do a little research to see what works with the budget you have now and make sure its something that is not prone to breaking (repairs later down the road).

Robin

Threads
Well Robin since your location is 'nearby' along with your lawn is small and I like mowing, I could just drive my mower over and mow your lawn... :laughing:

Come on over and mow my lawn. I would be glad to pay you for your kindness. :thumbsup:

I would not know how much my budget would be because I'm not sure how much the mowers are. I will have to look at the mowers first and then check my budget for it.