turned the bypass valve too far Knzaki DUP-10

Piratejonh

Forum Newbie
Threads
turned the bypass valve too far Kanzaki DUP-10

Hello everyone. I have a 2007 Z425. The other day the engine started smoking so I shut it down and turned the bypass valves on the Tuff torque Kanzaki DUP-10 hydraulic pump, and proceeded to roll it into the garage. I had the engine repaired but I missed the part about only turning the valves 1/4-1/2 turn and backed out the right side one almost 3-4 turns. The valve seems to go back in without too much resistance but the right tire barely moves. The left side is fine.
I cannot find a service manual or even a mention of this problem on the internet. Can someone point me to a solution.

Last edited:

Piratejonh

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: turned the bypass valve too far Kanzaki DUP-10

Thank you. I may have to buy that service manual. Does anyone know if there is a way to bleed the system? It is 90% better going forward on the right but backward has almost no power. I can stop the wheel with my hand. If there is air in the system how long should it take circulate out? I jacked it up and ran it forward and backwards for 5 minutes or so.

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: turned the bypass valve too far Kanzaki DUP-10

Thank you. I may have to buy that service manual. Does anyone know if there is a way to bleed the system? It it 90? better going forward on the right but backward has almost no power. I can stop the wheel with my hand. If there is air in the system how long should it take circulate out? I jacked it up and ran it forward and backwards for 5 minutes or so.

https://www.tufftorqservices.com/EnvEEdefault/FlatHTML/TechInfo/docs/AirPurging.htm I know this is not your equipment, should be same procedure for bleeding air from system.

Piratejonh

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK tried that. The right wheel is spinning but with very little power. I can stop it with my foot. From what I'm reading the wheel motor is good it's something in the pump. Any ideas?

Piratejonh

Forum Newbie
Threads
I ended going to talk to a JD mechanic. the entire dealership went out of their way to help me and answer questions. customer service is top notch.
Bottom line- JD doesn't even try to fix this part, its a $1,200 throw away.
Kanzuki doesn't sell parts to consumers in the U.S.A. Unbelievable since the dealer can buy almost every component of the pump and sell it to me.
I took it home and removed the pump. Now that I had nothing to lose I put it on my transmission table and started disassembling. There are only a couple wearable parts in the whole pump. Its all mechanical. Cleaned everything in the parts washer, checked to make sure all orifices were clear and detente balls moved. Some of the pump plungers were sticking. Very tight tolerances. Couldn't say if they were stuck before or after disassembly. An hour later I reassembled the pump and re-installed it. That took longer than anything else. Pump works fine now.
Best guess- there was an air bubble somewhere in the (R) side of the system that wouldn't purge.

ASHER FARMS

Forum Newbie
Threads
I ended going to talk to a JD mechanic. the entire dealership went out of their way to help me and answer questions. customer service is top notch.
Bottom line- JD doesn't even try to fix this part, its a $1,200 throw away.
Kanzuki doesn't sell parts to consumers in the U.S.A. Unbelievable since the dealer can buy almost every component of the pump and sell it to me.
I took it home and removed the pump. Now that I had nothing to lose I put it on my transmission table and started disassembling. There are only a couple wearable parts in the whole pump. Its all mechanical. Cleaned everything in the parts washer, checked to make sure all orifices were clear and detente balls moved. Some of the pump plungers were sticking. Very tight tolerances. Couldn't say if they were stuck before or after disassembly. An hour later I reassembled the pump and re-installed it. That took longer than anything else. Pump works fine now.
Best guess- there was an air bubble somewhere in the (R) side of the system that wouldn't purge.

i have a 717 JD Ztrak with DUP 10A. After being parked for about a seek the Hyd pump began leaking. I have removed it from the mower and have been looking for a rebuild kit but no one seems to carry one. I have contacted Kanzaki but they say they don't ship kits. Any idea where I can find a kit. As you point out a new pump is pretty steep. Thanks

Threads
i can rebuild them and have lots of pieces and parts if they can help you guys