Export thread

Turf Tiger oil change

S

Sonders

Needing to do an oil change on my TT with Kaw 29 dfi engine. We just moved and I can't find my manual at the moment. What oil do these engines call for? I bought it last year and it was serviced before I bought it, so this will be my first service on it, would have liked to have done it before mowing season started but been in the process of moving for a couple months. Any quick help on this would be greatly appreciated as I'd like to get it changed. Have filter already, just not sure on oil.

BlazNT

BlazNT

30 weight and any winter temp you need for your area.
oil_chart.jpg

C

clay45

My dealer told me they always use straight 30w so that is what I continue to use. No problems.

BlazNT

BlazNT

Correct 30 wt is what is recommended but if you run it in the winter you need the winter weight as well. Never start a mower in a cold winter without winter weight in the oil.

John R

John R

My dealer told me they always use straight 30w so that is what I continue to use. No problems.

My dealer said the same thing for my Tiger Cat II with a Kaw.

jekjr

jekjr

I run 10W30 in both of mine. Had no problems.

Be sure and cut a 20 oz soda bottle off to about 2 inches and stick it under the filter to catch oil and not make a mess.

H

Hexel

I run 10W30 in both of mine. Had no problems.

Be sure and cut a 20 oz soda bottle off to about 2 inches and stick it under the filter to catch oil and not make a mess.

Better yet, just use some aluminum foil to create your own tray
It works great and no mess

S

Sonders

Thanks guys. Got busy and didn't get to oil change. Hopefully I'll have time to get to it this weekend. I have a couple qts of Sae 30 wt sitting around. My next question was going to be about tips on how to change the oil without making a huge mess. So you guys covered that already, good deal.