Turf Tiger cleanup

Sonders

Threads
Thought I'd clean up my new to me Turf Tiger that I bought about a month ago. I got out some purple power and mixed some with water in a pump sprayer and comminced to spraying the mower down. I then got a scrub brush and scrubbed it to be sure and get all the crud off of it. Once I washed it off I quickly realized that scrubbing it was a bad idea........the paint faded real bad. I put some wax on it to attempt to bring the paint shine back out, it worked a little bit, but still pretty dull looking. Live and learn.

Steve0853

Threads
Looks nice! Makes me want to take a couple hours and clean mine up.

Did you ever get the height adjustment like you wanted it?

Sonders

Threads
Looks nice! Makes me want to take a couple hours and clean mine up.

Did you ever get the height adjustment like you wanted it?

No, not yet. It's sitting at level right now. I'm going to wait until winter when I have more time to mess with it. Having fuel delivery issues at the moment gotta get lined out. The joys of buying a used mower.

drew7811

Threads
I always just take a bucket of soapy water, rag, and a hoze and wipe mine clean after each use. Then Break out the blower and dry it. The soap and water hasn't ever caused any problems (knock on wood), but I am a little suprised that the purple power did that to the paint. Definite bummer.

Sonders

Threads
I always just take a bucket of soapy water, rag, and a hoze and wipe mine clean after each use. Then Break out the blower and dry it. The soap and water hasn't ever caused any problems (knock on wood), but I am a little suprised that the purple power did that to the paint. Definite bummer.

I guess scrubbing it in with brush made it worse, plus I must have taken to long to wash it off. I've used it before and other stuff and just sprayed it on then washed it off pretty quick. However this time I thought I'd give it some time to work a little more to get the old grime off it from previous owner. Oh well, it's a used mower I can't expect it to look shiny new anymore.