Troy pressure washer info

JoesTroy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all. I'm new to the form and to this pressure washer. Can someone explain to me how the engine B&S 875EXI goes out of Idle when you press the trigger? I'm asking because mine will run but won't go out of idle. Now I did find the governor spring broken and I have the part on order. Would that cause it to not power up? Thank you.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There are two types of pump/engine setups, depending which type you have will dictate how your pressure is controlled. First type is a unit which has an idle speed control, which will bring the unit back to idle when trigger is released. This type is most often used on electrical units and the more expensive gas units. The second type uses a governed top speed, where the engine is always running at top speed and does not return to idle. This type is used on most cheaper unit, which I think you have. I’ll try to keep this as simple as possible. I’m assuming that your unit is just idling, because there is no governor spring attached. When you install the proper spring, in the proper position, your engine will start and run a full throttle at all times. There should be very little speed change when you pull and release the trigger. The only time you see a slight speed change is just after you pull the trigger and the governor kicks in to bring the engine back up to governed top speed. I hope this helps.

JoesTroy

Forum Newbie
Threads
There are two types of pump/engine setups, depending which type you have will dictate how your pressure is controlled. First type is a unit which has an idle speed control, which will bring the unit back to idle when trigger is released. This type is most often used on electrical units and the more expensive gas units. The second type uses a governed top speed, where the engine is always running at top speed and does not return to idle. This type is used on most cheaper unit, which I think you have. I’ll try to keep this as simple as possible. I’m assuming that your unit is just idling, because there is no governor spring attached. When you install the proper spring, in the proper position, your engine will start and run a full throttle at all times. There should be very little speed change when you pull and release the trigger. The only time you see a slight speed change is just after you pull the trigger and the governor kicks in to bring the engine back up to governed top speed. I hope this helps.
Thank you so much for the reply. I’m pretty sure it's the spring. I just wasn't sure how these things operate. I’ll let you know the outcome when j vet the spring. Again thank you.

JoesTroy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you Sir it was the spring. Works great now.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I got lucky, thank you for letting us know, most times we never know the out come.