Troy Bilt Tiller 3hp Tecumseh?

Dreamen

Threads
I picked this up at a garage sale knowing that it did not run. Does not seem to have much compression, carb was a mess and no spark. Cleaned carb, replaced coil and good spark. I can get it to pop, not really fire but just pops. Seems like wrong coil or timing off or? Any suggestions? Can rings be put in without any work to cylinder or piston? Model H30-35387U

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would take off the head and look at the valves and see if they are sticking open, or just real carboned up first. Many times on the older engines, you can reuse the
old head gasket if it is in good shape.

Dreamen

Threads
You were right on!! Pulled the head, intake valve was stuck wide open. It seemed like it was way high for some reason. Put a little penetrating oil on it, tapped on it and it popped right down. Turned it over and it was free and worked great. Now I have good compression. Not much carbon, cleaned it up, looked at valve seats the best I could, cleaned everything up good. Put back together, and it started right up, little carb adjustment and it purred like a kitten. This tiller has not been used much, paint is hardly worn off the tines, it must of sat outside its entire life. Not a bad deal for $30 and a little work. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated. One more thing to do, to make this free wheeling to move around have to pull pins on wheels and push wheels in and put pins back in. Wheels are froze on the axel. Had a hard time getting the pins out. Been putting lots of penetrating oil and tapping on the hub, last resort will be to heat it but hate to burn up the wheels. Any other suggestions?
Thanks Again!!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
No, I have one of those models as well......

Forget about freeing up those axles/wheels. you either drive it or carry it!!!

Dreamen

Threads
Thanks, I will leave the pins out and maybe someday the wheels will break loose. Penetrating oil seeps in when I put it on so hopefully it is not too bad

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
My pins have been out since 2002, no joy yet.....