Troy Bilt 33 inch wide cut

bikerboy46032

Forum Newbie
So I'm supposed to be picking up a mower I know nothing about other than it's in neutral and the tires are locked up. It has a 9hp briggs engine. And one tire is flat. Any thoughts? I'm buying it for scrap value.
 
So I'm supposed to be picking up a mower I know nothing about other than it's in neutral and the tires are locked up. It has a 9hp briggs engine. And one tire is flat. Any thoughts? I'm buying it for scrap value.

WELCOME TO LMF!
If you want to know about the specs of the machine (since you say you don't know much about it), I will give you some info on it. I don't know much about the older machines, so this info is for the newer ones, since you didn't give us any info on the model # or age.
This machine is made for 3 major brands: Cub Cadet, Craftsman, and Troy-Bilt.
cub cadet walk-behind.png craftsman walk-behind.jpg Troybilt walk-behind.jpg
And here are some specs on it (from this page:http://www.troybilt.com/equipment/troybilt/lawn-mowers/tb-wc33-xp-33-wide-cut-self-propelled-mower):
Starting System.....Electric Start
Drive System........Rear wheel self propelled w/ reverse, neutral and 4 forward speeds
Cut Width.......33"
Discharge Type......3-in-1, side discharge, mulch or bag (optional)
Wheel Type.........8" front casters w/ball bearings, 16" rear pnuematic
Deck Height Adjustment......8-position single-lever deck height adjustment
Handle Style...... Adjustable plow
Oil.......48oz SAE30 (included)
Fuel Capacity......2 US Gallons
Engine...... 344cc* Briggs & Stratton 10.5 Series OHV
Shipping Dimensions.......57.81"(L) x 39.1"(W) x 32.5"(H)
Shipping Weight........ 295lbs
Warranty.......3-year limited
 
Yeah, I'm sorry, but I don't know it. All I know is the guy took it in a barter deal as a project and then realized he didn't have time to work on it. He hasn't tried starting it but he does know it isn't locked up. The only issue I'm kind of worried about is the drive linkage or whatever it is. He said it's in neutral but the wheels won't turn. He has been trying to sell it for a couple months now and finally I offered him $50 for it.
 
There has to be a lot of ifs here. Just what do you want this mower for and how well are you with repairs. It can be a 50 dollar lawn ornament or a well used peace of equipment. As for myself I try to keep away from something if I don't know what I am going to spend and even at that there are times I get over my head.
 
For $50 I would get it. If it is going to cost to much to fix or more work than you want to do you can still double your money on it.
If the engine runs that's a $100

Sent from my iPhone using LMF
 
Back
Top