Export thread

Troy Bilt 320 blower runs but...

R

rwomack

Hey guys. Runs with choke at setting 1 and 2, but choke full off it dies out. New carb, spark plug, good fuel, new fuel filter/air filter.

I do notice leaking at head and it appears that it’s letting fuel back out the choke port into air filter then hitting the exhaust and smoking. Any ideas?

B

bogdaN

Try some adjustment on new carb.First open L half turn counterclockwise.Dan

R

rwomack

Try some adjustment on new carb.First open L half turn counterclockwise.Dan

Hey Dan...what is L?

B

bogdaN

on carb ,you have two adjusting screws and they mark L--is for low,H--- is for high.Sometimes this new china carbs,need little adjustment.Dan

B

bogdaN

After reading second part of your post I think there is different problem.Check if engine come loose.there is two screws holding cylinder and housing.I had few that screws got loose or one broke.Let me know what U find.Dan

R

rwomack

After reading second part of your post I think there is different problem.Check if engine come loose.there is two screws holding cylinder and housing.I had few that screws got loose or one broke.Let me know what U find.Dan

Engine not loose. Just had it all apart and snugged everything up. I’ll try the carb adjustments. Thank you!

R

rwomack

Ok so there are no adjustments on the carb, only idle :(

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

If this is the TB320BV, it will have at least one mixture adjustment screw (sometimes two, but not always.) You will need a "Pac Man" adjustment screwdriver to adjust the screw(s) properly.

R

rwomack

Thank you. Ok so I think I found one L side screw. I don’t see anything to adjust on the H side. What does this do? Where do you get a pac man screwdriver?

https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44111&d=1559348754

Attachments

R

rwomack

Also, on disassembly, I’m questioning my gasket placement. Do these look correct?

Attachments

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

You can get the screwdriver on Amazon.

And you have your gaskets switched around.

R

rwomack

You can get the screwdriver on Amazon.

And you have your gaskets switched around.

You’ve been so helpful. Ok. I cheated and took a dremel tool making slots for a standard screwdriver.
From the factory, the L side was 2 3/4 turns out from full in. H side was only 3/4.

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

Cutting a slot in the screw can damage it and prevent it from sealing properly. Better to have the actual tool.

You posted a picture of a carb with one screw, and then mentioned settings for two. ??

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

And on the engine side of the carburetor, that little hole beside the main carburetor bore MUST be lined up with the corresponding hole in the gasket. If the hole is blocked, your fuel pump will not operate and the engine will act weird.

R

rwomack

And on the engine side of the carburetor, that little hole beside the main carburetor bore MUST be lined up with the corresponding hole in the gasket. If the hole is blocked, your fuel pump will not operate and the engine will act weird.

You’ve been so helpful. Much appreciated. Old dirt bike guy here and not very familiar with these animals.

Ok so the old carb only had one screw, the new one has two.

As far as the gaskets go, if I had them backwards/switched, the hole you mentioned will be covered if I install them. Do you think I have the right gaskets?

R

rwomack

Ok so I switched them as you suggested and I think it’s fine. What through me was it seemed the other holes in the gaskets oriented better with the other side. I’ll put fire in the hole and lyk!