Export thread

troy bilt 13wm77ks011 engine will turn partially then quit.

R

redneck1952

I have a troy bile 13 wm77ks011 mower, the engine will turn over if spark plug is out and when you put it back it it will only turn until it hits the compression stroke then stops. Have checked valves and key in flywheel to verify there are ok. Looking for any and all suggestions please.

B

bertsmobile1

I have a troy bile 13 wm77ks011 mower, the engine will turn over if spark plug is out and when you put it back it it will only turn until it hits the compression stroke then stops. Have checked valves and key in flywheel to verify there are ok. Looking for any and all suggestions please.
Checked the valves ? exactly what did you do ?
People have different ideas of what checking is.

R

redneck1952

Pulled the head and verified valves are working and verified that they are set correctly. Also replaced starter and battery, still locks up on compression stroke.

dougand3

dougand3

What's the engine model #? On a shroud or valve cover.

StarTech

StarTech

I surely the OP means he removed the valve cover. Appear that he would have a Briggs 310000 series.

IF an OHV engine while cycling the engine by hand watch the rocker and see if you see a small bump of one rocker as you approach TDC compression stroke. If not there then the cam's ACR is broken.

R

redneck1952

Engine Model # 31R7 07 0001 G1 Serial # 14 0501 ZD 1059
Have to check for the bump on rotating engine with the valve cover removed. It is and OHV engine.

StarTech

StarTech

Okay that will be on the intake (lower rocker). And the camshaft is the 793880 that tends to have the ACR failures.