Export thread

trouble shooting

R

rickrichardson519

Hi Does anyone how to get laptop or software for kohler 31hp v twin EFI engine

BlazNT

BlazNT

In terms of cars, this is OBD1, not OBD2 so no software at all.

mcdonell

mcdonell

I found a free PDF file on-line for my Kawasaki motor manual that I downloaded for reference. It even has a part number. I found the manual doing a google search for my engine model. You might want to try that.

L

Luffydog

What is the kohler efi doing

R

rickrichardson519

First of all thanks for your interest when in grass it cuts out the mil light flashes 2 long an one short

never dealt with mower with computer

Thanks Rick

B

bertsmobile1

The codes are in the engine manual which is free download from Koher .
There are a few different systems used so you will need to input your actual engine numbers to get the right manual.

L

Luffydog

Has your engine been black smoking any at all

R

rickrichardson519

Has your engine been black smoking any at all

Hi no black that I can see

L

Luffydog

Thinking it might be the throttle position sensor. Ill have to find the codes when I get back to work. I take it oil is at operation level and air filter is clean.

R

rickrichardson519

Thinking it might be the throttle position sensor. Ill have to find the codes when I get back to work. I take it oil is at operation level and air filter is clean.

oil up to snuff air filter clean

R

rickrichardson519

oil up to snuff air filter clean

I am new to lawnworld . I thank you four your time .

L

Luffydog

Your welcome anytime welcome aboard. That blink code doesn't ring any bell to me. I try to pull up the codes sometime tomorrow. The software prob won't to me unless it is hooked up to the port. I'll try to pull up some past history on some I have had in to see if it will show anything. Most of them just says low voltage on a certain part like the 02 sensor pos or cps.

R

rickrichardson519

figured out the codes it is flashing a code 22 THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR I want to thank you for
time to help figure out a problem

RICK

L

Luffydog

I thought that one rang the bell but wasn't sure been busy sorry I forgot to get the codes back to you. Thanks for the update.