Trimmer Shopping

Lloyd_Swartz

Threads
NO, that is the standard warranty, and its even printed in big letters on the box! The Sears guys seemed quite dissapointed because they love selling extended warranties for all the crappy weed eaters they sell. But they obviously dont have a product that goes over 7 years. :thumbsup:

Edwards saw service

Threads
Wow. That's pretty impressive. I'm not too familiar with the hitachi trimmers. I'll have to look at one out of curiosity. But you're right sears tries to sell you warranty after warranty on their shitty equipment. After I made a scene in the lawn and garden department trying to get warranty work on my dads trimmer the service dept which is off site junked the unit and tried to sell me another pos. That is when I bought my 370 dollar redmax. The hell with sears ope.

Lloyd_Swartz

Threads
Hitachi is not a brand I come across alot. But I have used Rotary Hammers in the past, and was impressed with those.

Edwards saw service

Threads
If I'm not mistaken, I think hitachi ope division is owned by tanaka which back in the day made pretty reliable commercial trimmers chainsaws and leaf blowers.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now there is a Stihl Forum -- It might be good to put this there too so others will not get the models with the bad carbs. ?????

djrussell

Threads
The Sears guys seemed quite dissapointed because they love selling extended warranties for all the crappy weed eaters they sell.

not all sears lawn and garden departments are commissioned sales but it's likely that they are.

sales commissions are higher on the warranty. more like 10-15% as opposed to 2-5% on the actual item. management really pushes it too. it's one of their big performance metrics. speaking from experience here. :wink:

benski

Threads
I'll pipe up for the commercial grade Echos. They seem pretty darn bullet-proof.:cool: