Trasmission On John Deere 14 SB

scott47429

Threads
hey guys i don't know anything about this mower at all yet other then its a john deere 14 sb with the kawasaki engine but i know it has a bad transmission and was wondering are they rebuildable or do you have to replace them thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Let me repeat a post from another thread that might just get you the help you need. Please follow it.

Since this is a help forum, it is only fair that the people trying to answer questions have some information to work with, so they can give an accurate answer. This helps them if they need to research parts or service information on your engine or equipment. In the first part of your post please include your engine numbers from the ID tag or stamping and the equipment type and model numbers that are on it. Failure to do this may result in you not receiving any accurate help with your problem.

Many of the tech's that hang out here work in or have there own shops and the first thing they do when they make up a work order on a unit is include the engine and equipment numbers on the work order. Since this technical forum is offered free to the public, it's the least we can ask you to do, so please help all of us out. *So please post the numbers in the new topic you start to ask your question. It should be the first thing you write before beginning your question. :D

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
The serial number is located in the following locations:
Green deck housing: The serial number is located on the back side of the deck.
Silver deck housing: The serial number is located on the front side of the mower back, facing the engine.

scott47429

Threads
thats what I'm asking i haven't seen this mower yet so i have no numbers thats why i just wanted to know if anyone he's repaired one or do you just replace it i wont get the mower till tomorrow its 50 miles from me

scott47429

Threads
ok guys i found out they are repairable but i don't need to i went to get one mower with a bad transmission and they had 3 of them there so i bought 2 of them one with a bad trans the other with a bad self propelled cable it works great so I'm keeping it and selling the other the third one up there had no transmission in it it was bought off crags list for the transmission for another mower so i didn't buy that one besides 2 was all i could get in the trunk of my car i didn't take the truck since i was just going after one so if someone wants a project it needs the trans fixed it don't pull on the left side and it needs a cable since i robbed the one off it to fix mine lol but it runs great it has the 5.5 horse Kawasaki Engine its a 14 SB the numbers on the deck tag cant be read so i cant give them to you