Export thread

Transmission slipping ?

C

ccrider

Looking for some help with my husqvarna, it is a YTH2242T. Seems like it is going slower and not pulling near as hard as it did at the beginning of the summer. i am looking to try and fix myself. don't have a lot of extra money to put it in shop. it has the automatic transmission. please help.

K

KennyV

Check the drive belt... Is it loose, are the idler pulleys all okay... refer to this parts break down, to see how the drive belt is laid out... : Parts and Diagrams for Husqvarna YTH 2242 T (96043002100) (2006-01)
Post back with what you find... :smile:KennyV

W

webuyanymower.com

Check the oil level in the Hydro unit they do need to be filled up. If the oil level gets to low you will need to bleed the system to get the air out.

C

ccrider

How do i check the oil level ? i thought it was non-serviceable . that is sort of what it seems like, that it could be low on fluid .

W

webuyanymower.com

would need to know make of hydro unit that is fitted to your machine it could be one of three makes! just to make life easy!! - but check out http://www.outdoordistributors.com/pdf/HYDRO-GEAR/311-0510_618-0319.pdf have a look at part number 129 - also check the dump valve arm is fully closed.