Export thread

Trailer/ZTR

Lohman mows lawns

Lohman mows lawns

Should I Buy a trailer first when I have a large dump cart as a trailer now or should I get ZTR when I have a john Deere GT235

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Trailer and zero turns not made for pulling

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

K-Pro-Mowing is right.....ZTR's are not made for pulling, but they can pull some weight. I would read post #8 in the following thread...it will give you some insight on ZTR's pulling trailers: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/cub-cadet-forum/13181-need-rear-bumper.html.

Or you could read it here:

"Toro makes a hitch kit for their Timecutters to haul "light duty attachments". So if a not-heavy cart is a light duty attachment, then I guess you can use it on a ZTR, or at least that brand of ZTR.
hitch kit.jpg
Another LMF user, bjc, uses a Toro Timecutter SS5000 50" to pull a utility cart with a weedwacker, blower, etc. in it. It was a couple months ago but I don't remember him saying he had any troubles. I am looking for a post that proves that but I think I just private-messaged him about it. The original post in this thread says what equipment he has, but doesn't say anything about his trailer. http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/mower-buying-pricing/10618-upgrading-lawn-equipment.html
And also in this thread (http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/general-mower-discussion/6474-zero-turn-attachments.html) it shows a utility cart for a ZTR mower. There are also other attachments like plows. If they can plow snow, they SHOULD be able to haul a light cart.
"
-------
If I was you I would want a ZTR so it would save time, but I would want a lawn tractor to pull the trailer. :confused2:
How large are the properties you mow on average?

Lohman mows lawns

Lohman mows lawns

The yards I mow rage in size from 1/4 acer to 4 acres

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

The yards I mow rage in size from 1/4 acer to 4 acres

OK then I would definitely think about a ZTR. You have to make sure it will fit through gates if there are any, though. But a ZTR will save you a lot of time, now there is the problem with hauling a trailer/cart with one. :confused2:

Lohman mows lawns

Lohman mows lawns

lawn mower fanatic said:
OK then I would definitely think about a ZTR. You have to make sure it will fit through gates if there are any, though. But a ZTR will save you a lot of time, now there is the problem with hauling a trailer/cart with one. :confused2:

I think I will stick with my dump cart and improve it a little but I will be getting a ZTR before anything

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I think I will stick with my dump cart and improve it a little but I will be getting a ZTR before anything

Good decision! :thumbsup:

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

I fill that your not making the right choice I like a zrt but think to.your self wb your other mower hauling them and timers I know u cant fit 2 push mower and gas tanks and all of that look at a 4*6 good size I am also younger like u almost 15 and been mowing or 4 years making a lot of $ and if u look at.most of my post it about buying something I am ready to buy good equpmient if your mower mows good then I.would get the trailer first :thumbdown:eek:n zero turn first and trailer gets :thumbsup:

metz12

metz12

dont waste your money on a ztr. you dont need one yet. your rider is fine. ztr's dont pull trailers well either. wait until you have more jobs. plus your tractor is more versatile.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

dont waste your money on a ztr. you dont need one yet. your rider is fine. ztr's dont pull trailers well either. wait until you have more jobs. plus your tractor is more versatile.

I :thumbsup:agree

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

That's true....Metz has a good point. You don't want to load up on equipment until you know the money you get from your customers will exceed your investments. To sum it up, debt = BAD! :laughing:

Ric

Ric

Should I Buy a trailer first when I have a large dump cart as a trailer now or should I get ZTR when I have a john Deere GT235

Yes I know everyone says you don't pull with ZTR and they also say there not made for plowing snow also, but they make plows for ZTR mowers. Whether you should buy a ZTR for pulling or not would depend on the ZTR.

Some Zero Turn Mowers have pull ratings of up to 500lbs. You just need to make sure of the ratings before you buy. I will say this if your lots rage in size from 1/4 acre to 4 acres you need a ZTR and that's what I'd be buying.:thumbsup:

That being said you also have too justify the cost by the size of your business, Remember you have to be able to cover your overhead and make your profit. You may want to consider a good used unit.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Yes I know everyone says you don't pull with ZTR and they also say there not made for plowing snow also, but they make plows for ZTR mowers. Whether you should buy a ZTR for pulling or not would depend on the ZTR.

Some Zero Turn Mowers have pull ratings of up to 500lbs. You just need to make sure of the ratings before you buy. I will say this if your lots rage in size from 1/4 acre to 4 acres you need a ZTR and that's what I'd be buying.:thumbsup:

That being said you also have too justify the cost by the size of your business, Remember you have to be able to cover your overhead and make your profit. You may want to consider a good used unit.

Yes, I agree with Ric!