Traction bars!!

MKing

Forum Newbie
Threads
How many people struggle hooking up chains on the traction bar? I have a 725D with a 52” powerfold deck and a 60” snowblower. The micky mouse bar they send is a joke. Talked to the dealer, he said yeah those suck with the 52” powerfold and the 60” snowblower. Called the factory, they told me the same thing. The “wrench/bar bends (or has to be bent) during each attachment install. Anyone found a better way? I told the factory that if they design something that will work, I’ll buy it. Call the factory and give your 2 cents.
‭+1 (620) 345-8621‬
Moundridge, KS

Rickw

Threads
I just installed by blower on my 2015 727EFI and used the folding tool that came with power fold deck and it worked fine? Can you post a picture of your tool?

ran

Threads
I just installed by blower on my 2015 727EFI and used the folding tool that came with power fold deck and it worked fine? Can you post a picture of your tool?
Rickw this is off subject and I apologize. I have a 2016 727 efi that uses not much but a noticable amount of oil between oil changes been that way sense new. It now has 340 hrs. on it. Does your Kohler motor use any oil that you notice? thanks

Rickw

Threads
I just bought this machine this fall. My dad has a 723K With the non EFI 23 hp Kohler and it has always used a little oil. It has 690 hrs on it and still runs fine. I think the Kohlers just use a little oil.

Rickw

Threads
The other thing is we are running 10w-30. If I used the summer weight 30W oil as opposed to the multi season it may use less. 30W only goes down to 50F

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have an L130 with the 23hp Kohler twin. Been running 15w40 Rotella, sometimes smokes a bit at startup but don't add any oil over the summer. Run about 50 hours or so between annual changes. Can't say much for the mower but sure is a sweet running motor.

ran

Threads
I tried running 10w30 and straight 30w neither one made much of a difference, I went to talk to the dealer before the warranty went off and he told me to start using 20w50 kohler oil crazy priced of course he did mention a other brand but cant remember what it was, he said kohler would not do anything about oil usage unless it was some ridiculous amount cant remember how much he said. That was last fall so I have not got to run it much with the 20w50 but I still had to add a little by the end of the season. Thanks for your reply