Attachments Towing

cambre

Threads
I called Grasshopper about this & they said they don't recommend towing. They didn't get into detail but said no.

Thanks but that's just what I would expect them to say. Its not a good idea to try to pull a trailer on an incline with a zero turn mower. If grasshopper told people they could pull a trailer and they turned it over on a hill a law suit would be likely.

Tommy1

Threads
I guess that I should stop pulling a lawn roller with my 618.

Bruce Anderson

Forum Newbie
Threads
The problem with pulling a trailer with a grasshopper(or any zero turn mower) involves poor traction on hills when traversing the hill - not as much when going straight up and down. With a heavy load, slippery grass or dirt and a steep grade things can get out of hand real easy. If your lot is flat there would be no issues that personally bother me. I built my own hitch 10 years ago and have had no problem but I stay off the few hills I have with my 725D. You have to use common sense and Grasshopper has to assume that a percentage of there sales are to people who lack this trait. If I sold Grasshoppers, I wouldn't install hitches but sell them with a warning to stay off hills when using the hitch.