tow behind sweeper for lawn tractor

Chrish

Forum Newbie
Is there any pattern/ technique that allows you to effectively pick up grass clippings/leaves with a tow behind sweeper while you mow with a 42" deck lawn tractor? my mind says no, unless you were able to tow the sweeper with a hitch that offset the sweeper to the right, behind the discharge chute and mowed clockwise. That would probably open up a whole new can of worms such as crabbing and slewing especially when the sweeper got pretty full. Just wondering, but I would like to hear anyone's views or experiences along these lines.
Thanks,
Chris
 
I have customers who have mulching kits installed on their decks. No side discharge and easy to pick up with a sweeper.
 
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the General Mower Discussion Forum. :smile:
 
Is there any pattern/ technique that allows you to effectively pick up grass clippings/leaves with a tow behind sweeper while you mow with a 42" deck lawn tractor? my mind says no, unless you were able to tow the sweeper with a hitch that offset the sweeper to the right, behind the discharge chute and mowed clockwise. That would probably open up a whole new can of worms such as crabbing and slewing especially when the sweeper got pretty full. Just wondering, but I would like to hear anyone's views or experiences along these lines.
Thanks,
Chris

Yesterday I saw a guy mowing without his bags in his bagger, just letting the clippings drop behind him. Try that and just SWEEP THEM UP!
 
Back
Top