Toro wont trun over

Crusha070

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an old Toro 14,44hxl mower. I thought my battery was flat because mower all of a sudden wouldn't turn over, Its had heavy use of late with Humid wet weather.. After charging a charged battery it sti wouldn't turn over, I took out plug and voila cranks beautifully. Put plug back in and wont budge again. Have now taken head off to reveal a slice out of piston (see pic) No bit of piston to be seen in or around head.

Attachments

• received_205062590646158.jpeg
    received_205062590646158.jpeg
    562 KB · Views: 18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeowww !! Looks like that piece was digested by the engine & kicked out. Strange to not even see any marks on the piston head.

Certainly does not explain how it won't turn with plug in the engine.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yeowww !! Looks like that piece was digested by the engine & kicked out. Strange to not even see any marks on the piston head.

Me thinks the vales / pushrods . cam followers will not be happy so it is not opening one valve thus no turn over with plug in, unless the plug is way too long.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads

You going to need to look closer as there is screw impact areas on the piston. Looks to be that a screw ingestion broke the piston lip in two places. Most likely the pieces are in the muffler or exhaust pipe now. Also there multiple round dings on the piston.

Lawn Addict
Threads
You going to need to look closer as there is screw impact areas on the piston. Looks to be that a screw ingestion broke the piston lip in two places. Most likely the pieces are in the muffler or exhaust pipe now. Also there multiple round dings on the piston.

You are right, I stand corrected..