toro Tecumseh engine issue

journey005

Threads
Was the plug wet when you pulled it out..?

Have a look at this, it may help you.

I am not getting spark at the plug.

Would you happen to know of any frugal method for testing the part they call "solid state assembly" can I remove it and test it with a meter or any test without buying any new testers.

The video with the tester looks nice but I dont want to spend 30 bucks for a tester.

Brucebotti

Threads
I am not getting spark at the plug.

Would you happen to know of any frugal method for testing the part they call "solid state assembly" can I remove it and test it with a meter or any test without buying any new testers.

The video with the tester looks nice but I dont want to spend 30 bucks for a tester.

I have one of these testers which work fine, especially for $3.99 at your local Harbor Freight store.

Bruce

Search results for: 'spark plug tester'

journey005

Threads
I installed The Tecumseh oem solid state coil . It cost 42.95. I also put dipstick "o" ring and a muffler bolt.

Primed it and "ONE PULL" it started an ran.

Now in this process, I cleaned this thing over which hasnt been done in years.

I ran the mower for about 5 minutes while testing the throttle, the brake, and the self propel drive gears.

Gears worked ok, throttle seemed ok but when I lowered the engine speed, it seemed to "miss" a bit.

It also seems "loud" . So I am not 100% sure if its normal or not since it was loud before the coil issue.

After running it. I shut it down and looked it over. It seemed REALLY Hot for 5 minutes of running but then again, I never really messed it with much after cutting before to really notice since I just pushed it back in storage after cutting. so maybe its normal.

What i DID notice was a but if oil around the muffler area on the deck. Not a lot but a bit.

The muffler does not have a gasket on it and in looking at the engine diagrams for parts, it doesnt seem to show one.

I am not sure what to do next. Any Ideas???

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
You have the answer to this under your new post "Re: Toro Tecumseh solid state coil install."