Export thread

Toro Super recycler electric start need charger for it.

R

Robshonda

I just picked up a beautiful older Toro Super Recycler with Personal Pace and electric start. I did not get the charger with it and the batteries are long dead. Does anyone have a picture of the charger label so I can see what volts/amps I need? The battery pack sits on top of the handle under the bag. Thanks.023.jpg

M

mechanic mark

Post model & serial numbers from mower.

R

Robshonda

Thanks Mark, I am at work and cant check but I recall the model is 20045 and the serial number starts with 99.

R

Robshonda

What has me stumped is the battery is two gel cells stuck together. They are each 12 volts BUT they are wired in series for 24 volts! I did not get a charger with the mower. I was going to make a charger from a 12volt wall wart but then noticed it was 24 volts....
Looks exactly like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toro-Genuin...210659?hash=item2ef6bf09e3:g:ePoAAOSw5cNYG3Us
I have a spare 12volt Gel cell I am bringing home from work to hook to the starter battery and see what happens.
I notice all newer Toros have the larger rectangular 12volt 5/6 amp type battery with the box mounted to the mower frame under the bag...

M

mechanic mark

R

Robshonda

Thanks Mark. WHen I looked at the battery in it I saw 12v 2.5ahr. I thought I saw it on BOTH cells. I was mistaken. That is for the whole battery pack. My bad. I hooked another gel sell to the mower and it is turning the starter fine. I will make a charger from parts I have on hand for it and pick up a battery for it.