Toro self propelled carburetor trouble.0

Metricscaler

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just started my lawn mower for the first time this year.and no I didn't winterized it. Lol. Ran great for about an hour... then shut if off. Next time I start it it doesn't seem to want to go to fill throttle, I've looked at the linkage at the end of the throttle cable and it looks normal. Also it wont idle at all if I put the leaver on the " turtle" it stalls and it surges to I can see what I think is the guvoner moving back and fort. I checked the air filter and it has New gas I did notice a small leak of fuel from the fuel line coming from the tank it seems to spin on the plastic elbo coming out of the tank. Any help would be great , my grass is getting
long!!!

isacguy

Threads
It is possible that your carburetor may have had a little piece of grit in the bowl, that it sucked up and plugged up your main jet, assuming it has a bowl, what kind of motor does it have?

jeff

Threads
Before doing anything else, try a double dose of Sea Foam in the tank. Sometimes this will clear out the carb passages. If that fails it is time to take off the carb and give it a good soaking after taking it apart. The surging is indication of lean running caused by debris in the jets.