Toro Recyler 6.5 hp self propell wont started

noyer1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2006? Toro 22in 6.5 hp. Guaranteed to start mower. I could not get it start this year, so I took it a small engine repair shop. He had a month and could not find the problem. Here's the things he tried He cleaned carb. new spark plug, air cleaner.He ordered a new ignition module when that didn't work he put my old one in another mower and it started just fine. He replaced the carb. with a new one .That didn't help. He says the compression is just fine. He cleaned the flywheel magneto which said it hardly needed any cleaning. I believe its electrical it not getting any spark it wont even fire with starting fluid.
I read some previous articles on the same problem. One article said something about the handle that you pull in that allows it to start. I think that maybe the source of the problem. the article was unclear to me as where you clean or adjust the handle or where the wires are may need cleaning. Any help sure would be appreciated

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First I would get a new repair shop. Then I would disconnect the kill wire from the coil and check for spark. If you have spark, I would check for a sheared flywheel key. If no spark replace coil. You need three things to make it run, spark, fuel and compression. One of the three is missing.