Export thread

Toro - HG-2100 vs HG-2800 - Serviceability and expected life?

Jkinds

Jkinds

Good Morning LawnWorld!

I am looking at the residential Toro Timecutter line, specifically models 75750 with the Kawasaki, HG-2100 hydros, and the model 75760 with the Toro motor and HG-2800 hydros. My main question is it really worth the extra coin to jump up to the HG-2800 hydro or not? Mower will be strictly residential use, I live on a farm, light Bermudagrass, around 1.5 acres, wide open flat country. I've ready conflicting reports on whether the HG-2100 hydros are serviceable or not, I would appreciate more information on that. Between these two models, its a $1,000 price increase, for essentially the same mower, but a 10" bigger deck, and larger hydros.

Any advice/input is greatly appreciated. Looking to buy one or the other this weekend.

Jkinds

Jkinds

Rivets you're a gentlemen and a scholar! Thank You.

Jkinds

Jkinds

I think I see what's going on. The HG-2100 hydro is not "serviceable" as it does not have an oil filter on the hydro. Whereas the HG-2800 hydros does have an oil filter. While any HG hydro can have the oil changed, only certain models have an actual oil filter.

R

Rivets

You are correct.

StarTech

StarTech

Being serviceable is just a point of view. They are not serviceable if it is just changing the oil easily but they are repairable; although, it can be expensive at times. To a point that more ecomoncial to just to replace them.

tom3

tom3

I would guess the torque ratings are quite a bit different on those hydros too. Bigger is better.