Toro Groundsmaster 3500D Stalls when going down hill

engdavis

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I just found this group and am glad I did. I saw that back in 2014 someone else had a problem similar to mine but not exactly. I have a 2008 Toro Groundsmaster 3500D with a Kubota Diesel that I purchased used about a year ago. It has about 3500 hours on it but has been expertly maintained and looks almost new. I love the machine but it has recently developed a problem and I'm hoping someone on here can give me an idea where to look. The mower runs fine all the time except when going down hill. If the hill is steep enough the engine will die. It acts like it's running out of fuel. It will restart with no problem and as long as I don't go down hill it will run fine. I thought of fuel delivery issues but the fact that it only does it when going down hill baffles me. The tank is 3/4 full and the filters are almost new. The lift pump runs steadily and I'm no expert on diesels but would like to know if anyone could explain why a failing injector pump would only do this going down hill? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You most likely have water in the fuel tank or debris in the fuel tank that is preventing fuel leaving the tank .
Park it on the steepest hill you can find and remove the fuel feed line to the lift pump.
Check for a good strong flow.
We have a small skid steer that was doing the same thing and eventually we had to replace the fuel line which was breaking up and choking off the supply.