Mower deck Toro 71221 Mower Deck Tilted Down in the Front

MarkB2870

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Toro Riding mower a 71221 has two blades in the mower deck and has been cutting poorly for a while. I looked at it on a piece of flat level concrete and the mower deck is tilted down in the front by at least 1 inch. That means the blades are not cutting level and it is affecting the cutting of my lawn badly.

There are two adjustment nuts up in front where the plate that holds the front end of the mower deck to the front axle is and I have adjusted them to no effect. There is also an adjustable swing plate that the back end of the mower deck is held to the frame work. I have moved the pin to the lowest setting to try to get this to lower the back end of the deck, but it is still way off.

Is there something I am missing or is this just screwed up where I cannot fix it?

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm enter your model & serial numbers, then submit, click on service manual free download at bottom left of screen, scroll down page for deck adjustment, also inspect your deck for worn out parts. Your serial number should be similar to 9900001-9999999. Also take a look at quality of cut manual.

MarkB2870

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I will give that a try tomorrow.