Export thread

Toro 22043 Commercial Recycler Mower

J

JD14SB

I've always wanted a Toro 2-cycle Suzuki Mower. Used to have Lawn Boys in the 80's. I found this Toro Commercial Mower locally and the Guy never used it commercially. My mistake was believing the seller that it runs good. So I loaded in the car and took it home. Wouldn't start so took off the Mikuni Carburetor and it was badly corroded, I mean bad. Found a new Carburetor but it was $$$. Pulled the rope to start it and the rope broke. Now it runs good. The aluminum Mower Deck seems solid but has peeling paint. Under the peeling paint is bare aluminum (or whatever the alloy is) with white oxidization. Not pitted too badly at all. Any ideas on how to arrest the oxidization and restore the finish? Most of the corrosion is where the grass exits the chute. I'd like to make the old 2000 MY Toro look nice again. I was also told there are 2 shades of Toro Red Paint, depending on the year. Anyone know what paint code I need? Mine is around 2000 since the engine has a label with year 2000. Maybe I'm crazy for buying this old 2-stroker. What is a bit unusual about the Mower's Suzuki Engine is 5.5 HP. My friend has a older Suzuki powered Mower and his is 3.5 HP. Going to have too much money, time, and effort into this old Mower but think it's pretty neat. Out here in Oregon, a neighbor already threatened me for "Destroying the Planet" using this Mower. Hey, Thanks for any information, insight, suggestions.

Oh Damn, I just realized I posted this in Troy Bilt. No sure how to delete or move?

Attachments

R

Rivets

Models built before 1990 used part #361-1. This has been discontinued. Newer units after 1990 use part #361-10