toro 22 variable walk behind cord

moose02

Member
the cord broke on my toro walk behind mower it seems to have the assembly riveted on is it replaceable or do you need the assembly

thank from the new member

moose02 from the new jersey shore
 
it appears to be rivited down and cant get to the pulley for the cord the top cover comes off but the rest is rivited
 
Once you have the cover off, you should be able to do any repairs without removing the starter assembly.
 
thanks rivits

I do have the plastic cover off and below that there is a metal cover that surrounds the starter pulley that is rivited down I cant see where to get a cord on without drilling out the assembly cover I guess I'll just replace the rivits with some sheet metal screws and try it
 
All you have to do is remove the old broken rope, tighten the spring, insert new rope and knot, and allow spring to wind new rope up. If you look carefully, you can do this all without drilling out the rivets.
 
Back
Top