Toro 20333 Spin Stop

Stihlndixie

Threads
I just acquired a Toro 20333 with the old Flathead Briggs. Seems to run good but when you disengage the blade it doesn’t seems to run right, bogs down and sounds funny. Is this normal? This is the first mower I’ve had with this feature.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The low idle circuit on the carb is partially blocked .
When you engage the blades the throttle opens wide so you start running on the main jet.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No, he means that you need to find out where the idle circuit is blocked and clean it. You need both circuits working together to get the proper speed. I would be removing, cleaning and rebuilding the carb.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is no switch that turns the idle off & main jet on
it is only that at low speeds their is not enough air volume to suck the fuel out of the main jet
At high speed the main jet is so big that the idle jet makes no difference to the running speed
However at high speed without that 2 % to 5 % of fuel that comes through the idle jet the engine will be running lean and getting too hot.
So yes it needs to be sorted out
And no you can probably leave it till the end of the season if you are not running the mower for very long periods.

Stihlndixie

Threads
After rebuilding the carb and cleaning everything it still didn’t fix the issue. So I bought another carb and it works perfectly now.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Wise moove
Some carbs can be a right royal bugger to clean and others never come good.
Glad to hear all is well
Please try to remember to run the carb dry on the last mow each season in future to prevent a repeat performance .
The rubbish foistered on us now days pretending to be petrol is really bad for carburettors.

Stihlndixie

Threads
Thanks, I knew it would probably be an issue when I got it since it had set up so long. Yep, I do that to my other mower and equipment each season and have never had an issue. All about taking care of your equipment.