Tires spins causing lawn damage Cub Cadet Enforcer Zero turn

CAPTAIN BUDDY

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Tires spins causing lawn damage Cub Cadet Enforcer Zero turn
What do I need to do? buy a better tire, fill the tire full of water and if so do I need to put a tube in the tire?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
What do I need to do? buy a better tire, fill the tire full of water and if so do I need to put a tube in the tire?

How long have you had and used the mower?

dhd

Threads
I did not have this tire spinning lawn damage with a zero turn, my problem was with a Wheel Horse garden tractor on slopes while mowing.
I added wheel weights which helped a little, but I'd still get tire spinning a turf damage.
I finally got an all wheel drive riding mower, and I now I have no more tire spinning or lawn damage.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Drop the tyre pressure a few pounds.
Change the tyres to a more aggressive tread.
Add some water
Add some weights

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
traversing the hill/slopes causes lost traction unless a limited slip differential is incorporated. mow up and down those areas to minimize slippage.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
traversing the hill/slopes causes lost traction unless a limited slip differential is incorporated. mow up and down those areas to minimize slippage.

The OP is talking about a Zero Turn Mower, a Cub Cadet Enforcer ztr not a tractor. In his case slopes should be mowed across the slope starting at the bottom of the slope or hill and working your way to the top always turning up the slope, not mowing up and down a slope. Basically if you can't back up a slope with a tractor or ztr you shouldn't be on it. The OP doesn't really explain where his tire spin is taking place, is it on hills or slopes or is it during his turn ?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Same rule applies about slippage if one wheel is higher than the opposite no matter what he is driving so there probably isn't any answer to his problem without limited slip.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Same rule applies about slippage if one wheel is higher than the opposite no matter what he is driving so there probably isn't any answer to his problem without limited slip.

With out knowing where his tire spin is taking place you can't give an answer.

gainestruk

Threads
As Ric mentioned in his first post, how long have you been using a zero turn, it took me quite a while to get used to turning and mowing slopes to get smooth with controls, if you just got it make sure tire pressure are fairly low, I run 10 lbs in rear and about 12 lbs in front.
Then just practice, you will get better.