Tires Deflated Instead of Inflating

DammitBobby

Forum Newbie
Threads
Today I noticed the tires on my Crafstman DLT3000 were a little low. But when I attempted to inflate them, they deflated and my tire pump couldn’t put air in them. I used the same tire pump I use on my car. It’s a basic Slime brand tire pump. I check the valve stems on my mower and they are the same type on my car; so the pump should work on my mower. I had the same issue with all my tires. I went from 1 low tire to 4 flat tires.
I’m new to riding mowers in general. Did I make a mistake? Am I missing something? Any advice would be great. I’m sure if I took it to a repair shop, they’d just want me to buy new tires since they are getting old. But I’d rather do that next mowing season since this season is almost over.

Thanks, folks.

Lawn Addict
Threads
How old is the hand pump ?

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
he has another thread where he says the mower won't move.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Get a real air source. Those pansy air inflaters are a joke. Besides if the tire bead has broken off the rim it takes some serious air flow to set the bead back of the rim. Sometime even takes a racket strap to bead to set. Or better take the tire and rims to a shop that get this done.

Even I have problems getting some tires to air up even use bead sealer at times. And a fairly decent 25 gal 125psi air source.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
The DLT 3000 was made from 2004-2006.
Have the tires ever been replaced?
Have the valve stems ever been replaced?
Can you get the air pump nozzle to fully seat on the valve stems?
Any of the above things can contribute to your problem.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe getting time to add innertubes..

But easy to check for air leaks, get a squirt bottle & add water & a dash of dish soap, shake well & spray around the Valve stems & tire beads, & tires. Bubbles is leaking..

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe getting time to add innertubes..

But easy to check for air leaks, get a squirt bottle & add water & a dash of dish soap, shake well & spray around the Valve stems & tire beads, & tires. Bubbles is leaking..
If those tires or valve stems have never been replaced, you can bet there’s plenty of dry rot.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Exactly....