Export thread

Tire upgrade complete

1slow5point0h

1slow5point0h

Installed some 22x11x10s today to replace the factory Grassmaster 20x12x10s. A couple of places that tend to stay damp/soft where the old tires would have spun, these didn’t miss a beat and not a hint of spin. Tight turns didn’t really bother the grass, but I did more of a 3-point turn usually.

Attachments

C

cruzenmike

Those tires look like something out of Mad Max!! Manufacturer's pick "turf-saving" tires for a reason but if conditions are such that you need these, it sure is good that you had an option. It appears to be an odd size. Were these intended for a different type of machine?

1slow5point0h

1slow5point0h

Those tires look like something out of Mad Max!! Manufacturer's pick "turf-saving" tires for a reason but if conditions are such that you need these, it sure is good that you had an option. It appears to be an odd size. Were these intended for a different type of machine?
They're an off-brand ATV type tire. They ride surprisingly smoothly. For $55 a tire, I figured it was worth a try. I saw other tires in roughly the same sizes, but these were the cheapest to try first.

The Chairman

The Chairman

Did it tear up the grass more than the turf tires?

1slow5point0h

1slow5point0h

Did it tear up the grass more than the turf tires?
I only saw a couple spots where I intentionally tried it, by locking one tire and pivoting on it when turning, As long as both tires were moving during a turn, I couldn’t notice anything out of the ordinary.