Tire Pressure ?

RayMcD

Threads
Most/many people have no interest, sense of urgency, sense of challenge, motivation, etc. in learning basic everyday tasks and skills pertaining to life. It isn’t really about tire pressure specifically, it is about self reliance, pride, sense of accomplishment, etc. However, they don’t see it that way. We are not talking about rebuilding an engine here, we are talking about checking and adjusting tire pressure. Please remember, most people don’t even have an air compressor or can find and use a tire gauge. They just don’t care. The “more important thing to do” mentality leads to 15 more minutes screwing around on their phone watching Tik Tok videos. Done ranting…
Bingo, they somehow expect Uncle Biden ( who can hardly stand-up right himself) to handle their issues.... Cheers Ray

SamB

Threads
Most/many people have no interest, sense of urgency, sense of challenge, motivation, etc. in learning basic everyday tasks and skills pertaining to life. It isn’t really about tire pressure specifically, it is about self reliance, pride, sense of accomplishment, etc. However, they don’t see it that way. We are not talking about rebuilding an engine here, we are talking about checking and adjusting tire pressure. Please remember, most people don’t even have an air compressor or can find and use a tire gauge. They just don’t care. The “more important thing to do” mentality leads to 15 more minutes screwing around on their phone watching Tik Tok videos. Done ranting…
Not really a rant. More like a observation of how things/people have become. I have a couple of people next door that bought a another vehicle and have a temporary paper tag on it instead of a valid legal license plate. I know, the paper plate is good for 30 days. They've been driving the vehicle now for 2 months and counting. The 'modern' don't care attitude!

TobyU

Threads
Not really a rant. More like a observation of how things/people have become. I have a couple of people next door that bought a another vehicle and have a temporary paper tag on it instead of a valid legal license plate. I know, the paper plate is good for 30 days. They've been driving the vehicle now for 2 months and counting. The 'modern' don't care attitude!
Well, I can understand and agree with most of that mentality.
The ONLY reason I go get the proper plates or renew then is to avoid a greater expense in eventually getting pulled over and likely ticketed if I don't eventually do it.
The real win win is of you put it off and don't get ticketed BUT in most instances you don't save ANYTHING by waiting.
There are certain situations if you are transferring etc and have a birthday renewal coming up where you will save some money by waiting until a certain time to transfer and renew so in this case, it may be financially fulfilling IF you don't get pulled over.

I don't agree with a lot of societal norms or requirements that have become laws and feel absolutely zero guilt or any desire to comply with them.
If I can find a way around, all the better.
Usually, it's not worth the effort to try to circumvent though.
The system also knows this.....lol.

TobyU

Threads
I was mainly referring to it being ok for them to just keep adding air when they get low.....lol.
You are correct about people though.
They seem to not even want to be self-sufficient. They have little desire to try...at least a lot of them.
I do see a lot who will Google it and if course end up on YouTube videos where most are done either the WRONG way or the HARD way.

The young, poorer ones do this. Being broke is an amazing motivator!
The ones I can't stand are the slightly older ones who are much better off with plenty of disposable income who just don't want to bother doing things.

They are willing to pay and overpay for convenience, speed, etc.
This has literally created entire industries of services that I feel should not exist.